The little things...(2.2 Update addons/changes)

1. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

anybody test a wiimote?
  2. twentytwo

twentytwo Member

-"Settings" menu is now divided into more categories

-Added ability to have an unlock pattern or password (like Moto Droids). Unlock screen shows exact battery percentage

-Gmail UI is updated

-If you click on the HTC clock, it will take you to the "Desk Clock" app, which now lists exact battery %

-Speed is greatly increased. Especially noticed with live wallpapers (they added 1 live wallpaper; the nexus one wallpaper). Sense is snappier than ever. I can fly through my seven screens now with the optical button, even with a live wallpaper.

-Emulators running much better. After the update, the sound issues I had with Final Fantasy 7 seem to be mostly gone. Speed is now "perfect" instead of "near perfect" :) SNES, NES, and GBA running my games "perfectly"

-Still unknown, but it seems like my battery is taking longer to charge. I'm wondering if this means they fixed the "bump charging" and that it is giving me a full charge straight up.

-Flash 10.1, Skype, Flashlight, and a small slew of verizon bloatware has been added

-New startup (with the "Droid" video/sound)

Haven't really noticed much difference with the keyboard yet, but will let you guys know if I see anything. Will post other changes as I notice them.
    ORRY?, Mitchrapp, KLM and 20 others like this.
  3. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Also noticed anything you run will kill the music player app
  4. DisneyDeeva

DisneyDeeva Member

I'm having occasional reboot issues on 2.1 Has anyone noticed an improvement (or better yet, elimination) in this problem with 2.2?

Also, I have a dumb question...what exactly is the benefit of being able to store apps on the SD card. Does it somehow improve phone performance?
  5. Smudgie

Smudgie Well-Known Member

I also have the reboot issue and hope it is fixed.
  6. bwthor

bwthor Well-Known Member

Yeah that was awesome. Couldn't believe 2.1 couldn't handle animated .gif's. My old Windows Mobile phone could. Probably singlehandedly the WeatherUnderground maps not working was my biggest complaint.
    Cassman likes this.
  7. volcom1216

volcom1216 Well-Known Member

Yes Bluetooth dialing is now working like my Storm 2. Only reason I wanted the update since I drive a 6 speed.

I tested it out yesterday and works great. Very happy.
  8. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Active Member

Has anybody tried this yet?
  9. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

yes. someone around here somewhere says they tested it and it still works.
  10. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

I got it to work but not sure if It's free lol. Let ya know in a couple weeks.
    Hartsblade likes this.
  11. Muerte_X

Muerte_X Well-Known Member

I've been running 2.2 since it was leaked over a month ago, so I don't remember most of the differences anymore. There's a ton of little things here and there.

The biggest one I remember was how much better pictures look now. No more edge enhancement/extra sharpeness, and they seem to be better quality, Face detection was added, and now the icons all rotate on the camera screen depending on the orientation of the phone. You can turn the flash on/off when recording video now too.
    Marsden likes this.
  12. Hartsblade

Hartsblade Active Member

Thanks!! I'm tempted to give it a shot after the update, if I do I'll post an update.
  13. Bigjew92

Bigjew92 Well-Known Member

try SMS Quick Delete in the marketplace.
    secretLOVER, TheLurg1687 and Meli like this.
  14. Mezmryz03

Mezmryz03 Well-Known Member

Chrome to Phone is a 2.2 thing.
  15. Mezmryz03

Mezmryz03 Well-Known Member

Firefox has an extension for this as well so you can choose between those two browsers.
  16. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

chrome seems to display some pages badly. can someone post a link for the firefox sync equvilant?
  17. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it take forever for the battery to charge now?
  18. jasperwill

jasperwill Well-Known Member

good, maybe they adjusted the % numbers to be more realistic and fully charge the phone while its turned on.
  19. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'll be more specific: This is a thread about changes that came WITH 2.2 not about 2.2 apps. I still believe it should be it's own thread, or perhaps a new thread about "New apps with 2.2".
  20. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

assuming the phone was factory wiped, I think that means battery calibration data was wiped too. Maybe thats causing that..
  21. Fantasma

Fantasma Well-Known Member

Definitely taking longer, hopefully it means they fix the battery issue.

Will report back in a day what I find.
  22. Zozz

Zozz Well-Known Member

Maybe they fixed that last 10% issue, where it doesn't really charge it to full capacity unless the phone was off.
  23. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

It still uses a Lithium Ion battery: So sorry, but no.

I haven't been able to go through normal charging ( Using phone for internet, so it's kinda always connected atm. ), so I can't say anything about an increased charge time atm.

If there really is an increased time, and it isn't either placebo or something else: I can see 2 possibilities.

1) There was a separate problem ( related to bump charging, not off charging. ) that they have fixed. I never had the bump charging, so if I do not see a change in charge time this might be possible.

2) For some reason or another they slowed down the charge rate ( perhaps in an effort to extend long-term battery life. A slower charge will cause less degradation over each charge. )

Basically though: We need a lot more info than 2 or 3 people saying it takes longer to charge before we will know anything.
  24. TheLurg1687

TheLurg1687 Well-Known Member

Trying it now..
    Still really slow but I can see the progress so that helps! :)
    thank you!
  25. jtb199

jtb199 Well-Known Member

I noticed the longer charging time also...but haven't noticed any better battery life at all...looks worse to me...