The long awaited WWE ROM update for the HTC Hero has leaked!

Last Updated:

1. mcmonkiez

mcmonkiez Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The long awaited WWE ROM update for the HTC Hero has leaked!

<<<MoDaCo>>>The update, which is a RUU and will wipe your device can be downloaded from this topic, together with repacked update.zip options, including a rooted version.

It's FAST! [​IMG]

P

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. computerboyo

computerboyo Well-Known Member

sorry for being stupid but is this the same as the official one? because i am not very good with andriod and would like to update using simple mans terms, thanks.

3. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

I was wondering whether there was any point in going from the 1.51 to this version as it doesn't seem to offer much more - in fact some people are saying it is slightly laggier than 1.51.
    1.51 is as fast and smooth as I want it to be so I may hold back and see if any bugs emerge and get fixed.

4. mcmonkiez

i have not updated to 1.51 as yet did not get time at all.. did you see any difference in speed 1.5 vs 1.51? I think i am going to hold back to from 2 until i see more post on the forum and comments ...

5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

It is, to all intents and purposes, the same as the update that should appear on the HTC support site soon. The generic version is identical, plus there are other versions with various degrees of customisation based on this.

/Al

6. mcmonkiez

slug have you have update to this one 2.0? if yes have u seen any difference in speed vs 1.51 or 1.5.1

7. shabba

shabba New Member

I have set up numerous settings on my phone since I got it. Is there a way to back up settings (or the main phone memory?) so I can restore it after an update? Seems very lacking in the hero. I used do this on Nokias all the time before updating f/w

8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Try the App call MyBackup Pro ... it will Backup Apps, Data and Settings ...

9. Slug

Yup, it went on as soon as Paul made it available this morning. No differences noticed one way or another - it still flies along nicely. Not that I expected any, as v1.5.x was based on the final RC build so nothing will have changed.

No UI lag, menu scrolling now almost too fast..... wheeeeee! :D

For reference: Hero on Orange UK, MCR2.0 ROM, *_6.35.06.18 radio

/Al

10. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member

I just posted a comment on the Gizmodo Hero review that their comment "tragically flawed" applied more to their review than to the Hero itself - they are totally incorrect that lag was hardware related and they should take back the criticism.

11. mcmonkiez

nice..

i might do 2.0 tonight also i have old radio and you remmeber i try updating the radio before but my phone was bricked and got it replacement next day so i am still on the old radio.

my phone from Locked to Orange. dont know if i do radio update any difference on that?

12. Slug

That depends on how it's performing now. I had no signal/connection issues with previous radio ROMs but my eyes tell me that signal strength appears better with the latest revision. Whether that's a genuine improvement or simply the meter displaying differently remains to be seen.

/Al

13. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

Hi Slug

Have you rooted yours now then?
    You were on Orange right?

14. IcemAn911

IcemAn911 Member

mmmmm.

To Root or Not To Root??? That is the ultimate question :/

15. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

To Be or Not To BE is the ultimate question !! :cool:

16. mcmonkiez

Thanks..

same here i had no prob too so far with my orange network and i am on radio.

but i have updated the rom . and will do 2.0 tonight.

17. mcmonkiez

heard 2.0 got lag and 1.5 is super fast..

well anybody tried 2.0.. as i am happy with 1.5 speed is wicked.

18. htc-hero-lad-uk

htc-hero-lad-uk Member

^^

but doesnt the 1.5 rom have some bugs and glitches on it, whilst the official newer one doesnt have any?

Ive heard people metioning all kinds of little bugs

have u managed to fix all the bugs.. didnt u have an issue with getting contact pictures to appear or something

19. Slug

Yessir. My poor Hero's been rooted more times in the past ten days than Debbie when she visited Dallas. :D

/Al

20. bridge32

bridge32 Member

Well i too took the plunge and have now rooted my Hero and installed v.2.0 of the rom. I must admit it does run smoother and faster and also i have noticed my signal has improved slightly. I am with orange on an unlocked hero. Build version is now 2.73. Few extras i have noticed are business card reader, camera has soft touch focus, scrolling is faster and no lag, also there is a proggy called "spare parts" which allows you to tweak the hero speed , colours, fonts etc which is even better!
    You also get wireless tether, custom locale, java and a wap browser. All in all im glad i did it as i was going to bin the phone!
    I can recommend this update!

21. dukeuk76

dukeuk76 Member

That was golden!

22. mcmonkiez

I installed 2.0 and i feel bit lag on 2.0 vs 1.5 ...

honestly dont know why.. so i went back and install 1.5 and seriously 1.5 is feel faster and smoother then 2.0 for some reason. or may be its just me :)????
    anybody feel 2.0 got lag vs 1.5?

23. padstar

padstar Member

At first I thought it felt less smooth as 1.5.1 but after a day with it I think the menus are just as smooth and wizzy if you like. On the homescreen however, it feels like HTC have made the transistion between each screen more snappy. That is it seems to snap to a stop as you scroll from screen to screen. This type of movement on 1.5.1 felt smoother. Having said that 2.0 doesn't lag for me, and I'm sure Paul@MoDaCo will continue to make improvements to the overall performance of the UI.

Last week was a busy one in the world of ROM cooking and it was hard to keep up with all the releases on MoDaCo. Anyone who feels nervous about flashing their phone can wait for the HTC release but it's a pretty simple process as long as you follow the instructions. Have to say, now that I've gone root, I won't be going back.

24. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I remember papping it quite a bit while jailbreaking my iphone3G.

Easy to go back to stock if you get stuck though. I'm going to wait for official HTC release before I take the plunge.

25. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

I take it the phone has to be rooted to apply this update?

The lag on mine is killing me.

Edit - it does - and I just have!! Couldnt wait any longer, it was very easy - hopefully it worked just waiting on the boot now!