• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The Lowly LG Optimus 38C

JJMacey

Lurker
Mar 27, 2015
Hi All,

First post here, and it is regarding an appropriate ROM for my TracFone LG Optimus 38C. I've been Googling my little brain out, and found no joy.

I've been through the CyanogenMod site, as well as others, and am at a total loss here.

I've run Linux for 15+ years, rooted my phone, and do a few other tricks with my 16Gb microSD card. Pretty much the usual, but want to do the ROM install. Or, perhaps a dual boot option. I am at Android 2.3+, but the real goodness doesn't kick in until Android 4+. Oh, I do like to break things, and that is where the learning curve rises. LOL!

Does anybody have a possible solution? TIA for responses.

That's quite an old phone, very lowly indeed. If there's no CyanogenMod for it, there's probably not anything. LG didn't update it beyond 2.3.

Suggestion: if you really want to learn about how to break things (almost always fixable), hacking, ROMs, bleeding edge of Android and downright geek goodness, etc. might be best have a look at a Google Nexus phone or tablet, or a phone such as OnePlus One.

Upvote 0
Mikedt,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have two of those phones. One for me to play with / torture, and the other for an elderly parent. The purpose was to kill her TeleCom, and the ridiculous bills she was getting. So, I switched her over using her old phone number. She just needs to make / receive phone calls. Nothing else. TracFone seems to be the ideal way to go. She now has two of them. I'll trick the new one out with a micrSD card, so she can rock in the laundry room with her ear buds. Remember Lawrence Welk? LOL!

I've been through the CyanogenMod Site, but didn't see anything, that seemed promising.

Mikedt, thanks again for your reply!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones