The madness is all most over........anything happened?

1. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

so we all know how crazy black friday will be.

i just saw this at Best Buy and had to take a picture.

but really? its a week away, people!!!!!

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

First!

...well... it seemed like the appropriate response :p
  3. ocnbrze

Yeah those guys will definitely be the first. Lol
  4. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Paint me confused, showing up a week early....

You *have* to value your time more than what you'd be saving.

That pic was with your LTEvo? How's that treatin' ya?
  5. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

I love Christmas time but really the commercialization of the whole thing is one of the biggest turn offs. Retail stores everywhere are the blame. For a few moments every year they sell things at the price they should be everyday. The way I feel about it is simple, If you can't sell to me at the same price you sold to customer A then you are ripping me off. This does not bring out the best in people but the worst. Christmas as I remember was about giving from the heart and not about some cheap sell that the retail market has made us succumbed to. I personally don't like the insult nor do I like the fact that people show up as their worst to get a "Deal" Where is the Christmas spirit in that?
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  6. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

I would like to know what the person has to have to be camping out this early ?
  7. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Who cares about being with family on a holiday any more? Gotta be first in line for all the THINGS!
  8. zoxxo

zoxxo Well-Known Member

Wow, can you imagine spending Thanksgiving camping in a parking lot? Honey can you pass the can of cranberries? I hope we brought enough turkey loaf (or is it turkey sandwiches of maybe even tofurkey)...
  9. Seanette

Over on the Straight Dope board, someone pointed out the new Wii (Wii U) is coming out this weekend, so maybe they're camping for that?

Not that that's much less pathetic.
  10. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yep, I imagine you're right. It's being released on Nov 18th and could possibly sell out VERY quickly.
  11. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

A TV. Maybe a few video games. And Cheetos.
  12. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

please don't forget the Cheetos :D
  13. breadnatty08

And get those Twinkies while they last! ;):)
    argedion likes this.
  14. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I went out two years ago to targets black Friday.....ended up getting my daughter a 26inch Vizio LED for about $229
  15. ocnbrze

treb1797 likes this.
  16. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

17. Seanette

I am arranging my life for the next couple of weeks to avoid stores as much as humanly possible, especially next weekend.
  18. breadnatty08

If you think Black Friday is nuts just be glad you're not in the District for inauguration. :)
  19. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Wally world employees are threatening to strike - I can just imagine the uproar if the local stores don't open.

I'll hit Amazon UK for some stuff. Cheaper than shipping it to daughter. I've got her care package ready to go.

Since I make a lot of stuff - the quilt fabric stores aren't that busy. The craft ones, Joanne, Michaels, Hancocks, and Hobby Lobby are.

I can make one run during the week to BB if I need to. If they don't have what I want, Amazon will.
  20. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants VIP Member

I'm more of a fan of Cyber Monday myself.
    NYCHitman1 likes this.
  21. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Yeah, I have morphed to more of the Cyber side of it... My wife goes out with her sister and Mom to get the in-store stuff if we want something. :)
  22. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Ah, Christmas in China, where the Santas sprout up, everyone enjoys their chocolate chip cuckoos, and worships at the creatively named Eastern Church, Western Church, Southern Church, and Northern Church.:D
  23. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I saw an ad in the paper this week by P.C. Richards that says they are honoring families, and the fact that the season doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving, by not opening on Thanksgiving. I applaud any company doing that. I can understand grocery stores being open in the morning but there is no reason to be open all day. Just my 2
  24. ocnbrze

well four more tents just went up yesterday. LOL

IN THE RAIN!!!!!!
    9to5cynic and argedion like this.