The many stories from CSR's and Tech Support on the 1.6 OTA

Last Updated:

1. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 30, 2010
    This is just to laugh. I know I'll probably have to get this update myself. In the store, June 24th, I was told that Google handles the OTA. I laughed inside, and just agreed with the friendly sales girl.

So, here's today's call, which I made just to humor myself. It was, indeed, funny...and nothing else:

Here's a paraphrase:

TS: Ah, yes, let me see if I can go ahead and push that right on through to you. Please hold.
    Me: Uhhh...yeah. Let me hold my breath while on hold.
    TS: Well, sir, it looks as if Samsung is the one who has to push that through, and they're doing those on Monday and Tuesday only, so call us back in a week if you don't have it.
    Me: I was told by June 25th. If they did Mon and Tues, that's the second time I missed it. How about we fill out a service ticket now, and not wait until I miss it a third time.
    TS: Yes, sir! We'll get this to Samsung, and they'll get with you in 72 hours or less.
    Me: Yeah. Sure. I'll be here waiting for Samsung to get with me. Uh huh. :rolleyes:

So, what have y'all heard? It's comical to me all the stories I've heard about who's in charge. It's certainly not Tmobile. That's certain. ;)