the market has officialy pissed me off!Support

Last Updated:

1. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member This Topic's Starter

I go in tryin to search for battery apps and it wont let me.

I press search then as soon as i type "battery" it brings up the horrendous search history and for some reason there's some "pub: battery games......" in my history that i never even searched for. The thing is when i hit enter it wont search for "battery" like i typed but takes me to some friggin pub games. Wtf

Its like i cant get around searching for anything but history. Searching for "battery" is no longer an option since i cant delete the f'n cache in the market!

Frustrated

Advertisement
  2. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

Why can't you clear your market cache?

Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->select MARKET and then Clear Cache.

I've never seen the problem you are describing, hopefully that works for you.

3. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Once you get your cache problems figures out check out theses battery widgets, Battery Left (a very pretty widget that tells you how long till your battery dies) and BatteryLife (tells you battery temp in Farenheight). I hate useing 2 battery widgets but both of them do different things that are useful. If anyone knows a widget that will do both please let me know.

4. dmm5157

I like BatteryIndicator. Shows battery percentage on notification bar, and shows either celcius or farenheit when you pull down the notification bar. It's very simple but useful and doesn't use much battery compared to some other battery widgets.

5. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I use the HTC battery widget. It tells the percent left,temperature,charging or not,etc.

6. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

I would avoid all battery widgets. They drain battery big time. It takes battery power to show you those statistics, and since uninstalling my HTC Battery Widget, I have noticed better battery power.

7. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member

Dm. That option does not work

8. zx12richard

Just scroll thru apps till you find it. Don't need search just would be faster with it

9. dmm5157

??? What are you referring to?

10. zx12richard

Clearing market cache. I been trying to find out how for sometime. But I have tried what you posted.

11. EgeBamyasi

EgeBamyasi Well-Known Member

I was just going to start a thread asking if anyone else had this same issue, but I did a search first and lo and behold...!

Had the exact same problem. It was nuts! I couldn't believe how much my battery was draining with this installed. Once I unisntalled, my battery life was back to normal. Don't know if all of them are this way but this one was a total POS!

12. cirehawk

cirehawk Well-Known Member

I use an app called vizBattery. I put the icon on my home screeen and it show's the percentage of battery life remaining. If you tap on the icon, you can get other info like temperature (celsius), battery voltage, etc. It doesn't seem to drain my battery much at all. I get 18-24 hours (maybe more if I push it), which is plenty for me since I charge the phone every night.

13. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Without a doubt, once I uninstalled HTC Battery Widget, my battery life was noticeably better.

14. dmm5157

What do you mean that "doesn't work"? It should change your cache to show 0.00KB in MANAGE APPLICATIONS after you clear your cache this way.

I just tried mine and it went from 1.23MB to 0.0KB. Then, I opened up market and did a search for BATTERY and looked a Battery widget, then went back to MANAGE APPLICATIONS, and now it shows 380KB.

If you'd like me to post screen captures, I'd be more than happy.

I'm just not sure what you are referring to by "it doesn't work".

As for the OP, I'm not sure what problem he's really referring to. The topic has since focussed on the effectiveness of battery widgets, rather than trying to fix is problem with the market app.

15. rgss06

rgss06 Active Member

I don't know if you can delete the history of market searches. I have cleared the cache and all of the old searches are still there. I,too,would like to delete old Market searches but have yet found a way of doing it. Oh and the HTC Battery Widget probably affects my battery 1/10%. Not even perceptible.

16. dmm5157

Ahhh, I didn't realize the search history is what was being referenced here. I was trying to give a potential solution where clearing the cache might help. I wasn't insinuating that clearing the cache also clears search history.

17. zx12richard

It may say it cleared cache to 0 kb but all the form data stays there on mine.

18. zx12richard

History was what I'm refering to

19. chinkster

chinkster Well-Known Member

"its better to be pissed off than pissed on" - epic beard man

SilHero likes this.
  20. jordansaweirdo

jordansaweirdo Active Member This Topic's Starter

I figured it out...basically if i hit enter it searches for whatever the history/keyword is displaying. If i click the actual search button on the screen it searches for what i've typed. The enter button is useless.

I went with battery left but wit all this talk about battery apps actually draining the batt i might delete it. Bleh

21. Robgosty

Robgosty Member

Guess what to delete Market History its just another app :D
    "MarketHistoryEraser" from Market, job done

22. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Well-Known Member

That's funny, I couldn't figure out how to erase the search history for the Market either so I uninstalled the Market, then later it re-installed on its own but the search history was gone :p