• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The market of smartphones and where it's heading

2fasst

Jan 14, 2010
I see so many posts of people bashing iPhones because they own another phone or people bashing Android phones, Palm, etc...because they own another brand.

I've had my share of smartphones, and I actually love the competition! It makes the products we can buy so much better.

The only thing that's important to me, is the ability for me to port over my information (financial records, Contacts, Passwords apps, Notes, Tasks, Calendar, Mail, etcc...) when I switch phones/Operating systems.

I feel there are so many childish posts regarding, 'I have BEST phone.' :cool: Well, I guess some can say this post is ******ed as well. venting.

Competition can be good, but it can also end up hurting consumers. A perfect example is what Apple recently did to e-book prices: Amazon had set $9.99 as the standard, but Apple negotiated contracts for the iPad and offered publishers $3 - $5 more depending on the book. Those publishers turned around and shoved it in Amazon's face, forcing them to up their fees from $9.99 to match what Apple decided to charge.

So thanks to Apple, anyone who wants a new release or bestselling e-book will now be paying a few dollars more.

Link to some details on BGR:
Amazon’s stronghold on e-book pricing crumbles, will renegotiate with Macmillan and HarperCollins Boy Genius Report

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones