• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The (maybe) "Epic" Motorola X Pre-Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google is pressuring OEMs to use unibody designs and non removable storage. This keeps think easy when it comes to trouble shooting technical support. If you have a third party battery that's causing your phone to screw up, or you download something to an SD card that has a virus on it, then transfer it another device... I hate to say it, but Google is starting to see the bright side in the Apple model, and I for one would love an Android experience with Apple precision.

Upvote 0
Call me old school. If the phone breaks, I want to be able to pull out my data on the SDcard and pop it in a new phone. You have internal memory only, you're hosed on both the phone and data. And yes, owning a Nexus has been a risk for that very reason.

Battery? Okay, as long as it's not puny I can deal with that. I guess.

:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SwiftKey Flow

Upvote 0
Call me old school. If the phone breaks, I want to be able to pull out my data on the SDcard and pop it in a new phone. You have internal memory only, you're hosed on both the phone and data. And yes, owning a Nexus has been a risk for that very reason.

Battery? Okay, as long as it's not puny I can deal with that. I guess.

:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SwiftKey Flow
The thought has crossed my mind on if this Xphone will have an sd card slot. Motorola phones have generally had one, but Google is very against them. Who will win?

Upvote 0
To be honest I want something ground breaking, something that just "@#$%s the game up".

Aside from the obvious Apple rivalry and it's always fun to mess with Microsoft, there remains the fact Samsung is getting too big for their britches.

Google has a lot of influence and in my opinion Apple has lost their creativite and innovative edge. The stage is set for Google to put everyone: competing companies, inflexible carriers, and rogue OEMs in their place.

Also, I can't help but love the timing that just as soon as this phone is released Verizon WILL be forced to let people bring it to their network thanks to the poison pill they were forced to swallow in the 2008 spectrum auction. Assuming that Google puts in the correct antennas of course.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones