• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Monster 4!!!

Thanks to everyone that worked on this ROM, I mean it, I like my phone 100x more than before, I gotta say I was a little hesitant to install it for some reason, took me about a month too build up the courage to install it lol. But after I installed it, I regretted not installing it earlier, it's a great ROM and I'm going to use it for a very long time :). Again Thanks to everyone that worked on this ROM.

-Slick

If you like that try monster 5.3 very good rom its what im running.

Upvote 0
question, im a noob and this was the first custom rom i've put on my phone. Eeverything went smooth and it seems to be running great, the only prob is when i download something from playstore where does it go? It shows it downloaded ok but i dont have a downloads app like on the stock rom. nothing shows up in the file manager either?????

Upvote 0
question, im a noob and this was the first custom rom i've put on my phone. Eeverything went smooth and it seems to be running great, the only prob is when i download something from playstore where does it go? It shows it downloaded ok but i dont have a downloads app like on the stock rom. nothing shows up in the file manager either?????

Have you ever went to manage applications in your settings? o_O lol

Upvote 0
how do i
2) Boot into recovery
3) Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache
4) Format system & data ( its in mounts and storage ) i format the cache also just in case.

and will it erase all my pictures and music, Im new to this so somebody please help me out =)

One make sure you have the clockwork mod installed (not the new one)
Second : place monster 4 on your SD card
Third : boot into recovery
Forth : Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, Format system & data ( its in mounts and storage ) i format the cache also just in case.
Fifth : reboot and enjoy :)

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
I'm a new flasher, and I tried for the life of me to be happy with other roms , since I wanted to get the 2.3.6 os to work for me- and like it... but alas I had to part with that obsession, maybe someone will develop a custom rom as stable as the monster4 for 2.3.6 eventually. I gotta say, this is solid as rock! Gotta love it just for that. Also, I really wanted to get to overclock, but I guess that compromises stability??? Like I said, I'm new to all of this, but gotta give it up to the solid build and speed of this rom. Blessed!

Upvote 0
I am sitting here watching boot up for the first time. Just wow. I'm loving it. Waiting for sync to finish now. But thanks. So far so good. I may tweek broswer. I did really enjoy dolphin. Thanks again. I am exploring and customizing now. :D:smokingsomb:

Quite the grave digger arnt you....
Lol this ROM has been replaced by newer versions like monster 5

Upvote 0
Yes I guess I am. Just discovered newest version. Tommorows project I suppose. Just my luck. Thanks.

Well there are tons of options... If you want:

Something stable, check out 2gb's Android world order...

Somehing light, check out CTMod...

If you want something stock but theamable check out killehbean...

Reactions: twogbsd
Upvote 0
Even though I've been gone for a bit I still appreciate the love. And the monster 5 is awesome. I tested before I got rid of my last admire. Bo does great work. And yes, show love to all the other devs on the scene. They work very hard to keep you guys fed with greatness.

I remember this was the second rom I flashed... I almost died when it booted, it was amazing.... thank you for the memories! :)

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
I remember this was the second rom I flashed... I almost died when it booted, it was amazing.... thank you for the memories! :)

Dude, I miss the admire so much. I remember helping mysteryemotionz find a way the get the beast to actually flash once we had cwm. Who knew it was simply formatting the system. Lol. I bricked my first admire trying to get cwm before we even had it. If the admire 4g was as awesome as the original I would've got it. This device was awesome for me though. I miss you guys.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones