• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The most underrated app is?

MaxTO

Sep 24, 2011
In your mind, what is the most underrated app on the market?

Tell us, what little gem do you love that might not be getting the exposure that it deserves?

One application that I put to daily use has to be Pulse. It's a great little app that allows you to access current information of your choice.

Another app that I use a lot is Note everything. Note everything is a great, basic, notepad app. Simply functional and lag free, it makes taking and organizing notes easy.

This is a great idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it.

I agree re Pulse. It's really nice on Honeycomb, with the scrollable panels. Another app I will nominate is JS Backup. It integrates and complements cloud-based services, and allows you to backup and restore (or move to another device) all kinds of things that would otherwise be impossible or take several steps. It's surprising to me that this is so relatively unknown and under-rated, since it's made by the same people that make the #1 calendar app - Jorte Calendar.

Upvote 0
My vote goes to "No Lock"...within two days of having my Avail Z990 I was sssoooo tired of having to slide to unlock every single time I picked up my phone, and if you use a pin or motion key that's two steps for no reason. Phone operates as it should now, this should be a standard app with these phone.

Reactions: vice86
Upvote 0
I also use Note Everything all the time. Simple and easy to use and not crammed with a bunch of unnecessary stuff. Great thread.

Tell us, what little gem do you love that might not be getting the exposure that it deserves?

One application that I put to daily use has to be Pulse. It's a great little app that allows you to access current information of your choice.

Another app that I use a lot is Note everything. Note everything is a great, basic, notepad app. Simply functional and lag free, it makes taking and organizing notes easy.

Upvote 0
Evernote.

Kind of like Dropbox on steroids. Dropbox is just a 'net based file folder. With Evernote you can create notes on the fly, take pictures and attach them to the note and/or attached files such as Word, Excel, PDFs, etc. Create notebooks to keep things organized, add tags for searchability ... and it keeps your notes chronological. Awesome.

Upvote 0
Not exactly underrated, but I just actually gave Poweramp a try, and it's got all the functionality I want in a music player... even some stuff I'd been hoping Tasker could accomplish (but can't).

I was hesitant to even try Poweramp at first, because all the reviews seemed to be from audiophile power users who actually wanted fine-tuned control over equalizer settings and needed gapless playback. I don't really care about those things.

I also have to be honest and say the interface for Poweramp (even with the different themes) is a bit gaudy. It also took me over a minute to figure out how to get to my iSyncr playlists.

So what I do like about Poweramp:
  • I can set it up to start playing where it left off once I plug in my headphones and then stop playing when I unplug my headphones.
  • I can set it up so that long-pressing the up-volume button skips to the next track and long-pressing the down-volume button skips to the previous track.
  • I can set up a sleep timer (and to finish the currently playing song once the timer is up).
  • I can set it up to pause when a notification comes in and then resume once the notification finishes.
  • ID3 tags for genres are properly read (this wasn't true of a couple of other music players).

Upvote 0
Also, since it's so trendy to like Swype-like keyboards, I would have to say the most underrated keyboard is the Gingerbread Keyboard. With it, I can type (or even mistype) two or three letters, and several appropriate suggestions come up in autosuggest.

Unfortunately, in Ice Cream Sandwich, this has been trimmed to only three suggestions, with the ability to long-press on the middle suggestion to get even more suggestions.

Upvote 0
There is a pair that I would like to mention as well. First is Swipepad, where it allows you to launch a bunch of apps/widgets/shortcuts by touching the bezel and dragging your finger to what you want to launch. The second is Andshare, which replaces the stockv sharing menu. What names it different is that there are checkboxes after each option, so you can choose more than one way to share something, without having to repeat the process each time.

Swipepad (http://market.android.com/details?i...ePad&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=contextpanel)

Andshare (http://market.android.com/details?i...ePad&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=contextpanel)

Reactions: Sak01 and EarlyMon
Upvote 0

I am using this apps really graet

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones