1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

The Moto Triumph in Thailand??General

1. android_kitty

android_kitty Well-Known Member

hello! i came across this video on youtube; it looks exactly like the Triumph from Moto-but its in Thailand! Its branded the WellcoM A99 (Huawei IDEOS X6). here is the youtube video here:

YouTube - ‪Droidsans Review : WellcoM A99‬‏

someone commented on the video saying it has the following problems:

1. Not true multitouch
    2. Dust gets under the screen and camera lens
    3. Back of phone gets very hot when playing games
    4. GPS poor
    5. Screen freezes and restarts its self

this may not reflect our soon to be beloved Triumph here in the states; but what do you guys think??

Advertisement
    :
  2. android_kitty

its scary to think this phone has the same specs as the triumph as well. hello moto?? what are they doing over there?

WellcoM A99 (Huawei IDEOS X6)
    Qualcomm
  3. chlehqls

chlehqls New Member

It doesn't look exactly like the Triumph. The shape and design are SIMILAR at most.
  4. syadasti

syadasti Member

Virgin Mobile USA is not GSM and does not use SIMs, that isn't the Triumph. Pretty basic stuff kiddies:p
  5. android_kitty

it looked a whole hell of alot like it though!
  6. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Come one how many different ways can you design a phone?
    Now that you mention it...it kinda looks like my Evo without a kick stand. :)
  7. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Seriously, have you never heard of a phone with GSM and CDMA versions? For example the Samsung Galaxy s variants are on pretty much every carrier in every country in the world. The Triumph has a slightly different casing with a more rubberized coating, but other than that, even the oddball things are the same. Things like the 4.1 inch screen (not a standard size), 1400mah battery (weird size), hdmi port on the bottom in the same place, all the buttons and ports are in the same places, look at the back, the battery cover is the same design. I would bet money that Huawei is making this phone for Motorola, but thats not a bad thing. The x6 is a very nice phone. I'm thinking about getting one from Cincinnati Bell. (re branded as the Ascend x)
  8. syadasti

syadasti Member

9. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

And? So it's not the same "version". It's close enough to compare the two. The Optimus v isn't the same "version" as the Optimus c,m,s, or t, either, but they are close enough to look at one and be able to see what you are getting. Whatever. I'm not going to waste my time arguing semantics. And that post had different information than the one in the other thread. It's not like I was spamming. Nice way to make people feel welcome in your forum. Good day, sir.
  10. syadasti

syadasti Member

Its a different revision with a different processor and different radio/antenna design - not minor differences.
  11. squallz506

squallz506 Member

Indeed it is an extremely minor even infinitesimal difference. Check the other thread the bad news moto might be redadged one. It'll blow your mind @syadasti. Links and sources inlcluded.
  12. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Still not seeing why this is bad news. Instead of being happy that a phone like this is coming to prepaid, why are people looking for negatives where they don't exist?
  13. squallz506

squallz506 Member

i never said it was bad news. i am really looking forward to it. still im going to wait for user and professional reviews before jumping onboard. easily the best prepaid so far.
  14. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Oh. I see. You were referring to the title of the other thread. Yeah, I always wait for reviews. I'm more concerned about the VM network than the phone, though. What kind of 3g speeds do you guys get on VM?
  15. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

I'm here in Dallas, TX and get average 3G speeds of 1-2 mb/s. Nothing blazing fast, but I'm able to load most things without waiting too long.
    Gmash likes this.
  16. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Yea Tyler, Tx here( close to Dallas) and the best i gotten is 1.3d/.75u. Not to bad, but WAY BETTER than metropcs!
    Gmash likes this.