The music player?

Last Updated:

1. Ashtiany

Ashtiany Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys.

So, after getting rid of my iPod Touch and a lovely Sony Ericsson Elm, I'm in the possession this beautiful device.

I've been currently using this device as my main music player as well, it seems very good (apart from no equalisers).

The problem is, the music player seems to drain the battery pretty fast.. I've been searching around and people have said to have gotten max 7 and a half hours on a full battery?

Compared to even the iPhone 3g, which I know is UP TO 24 hours, but that doesn't ever mean you'll get full time, probably 15 or 16 hours, thats very poor..

Does anyone else use it as a music player? If so, are you satisified?
    Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

I use 3 (three) as my music player because it it the best so far imo ( and the best for art grabbing ), and the Dev is working on an equaliser :)
    I never use it for the length of time that you seem too though.

3. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

I use cubed, not sure if it is the player or not (never really used the standard player) but I reckon the battery life is pretty good for Music.

4. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

I use doubletwist, and also realplayer

5. Ashtiany

thanks for the replies guys. so does no-one's Desire seem to be eating too much battery from their music players?

6. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

not really more than i would expect it to, especially if im using headphones, and not shuffling or turning the screen on too often.

7. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

Battery life will "improve" once you've got the phone set up how you want and aren't having to spend so long with the screen lit up, etc. It also seems to bed in after a few cycles. I noticed the other day that, after a normal day's usage, I still had 69% battery at 9pm, after unplugging at 7am, which is a massive improvement over my first week of usage.

Music-wise I've never used it for 7 hours, but I often listen to about 4-5 hours at work as well as email and internet and it still lasts until I plug it in at night, it's never died on me except when I first got it and intentionally drained it (and even that took forever to kill with Youtube videos).

I use 3/cubed as well - not perfect and I can think of a few small improvements, but still one of the better players around.

8. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

Takes a few weeks for the battery to get up to good levels of charge.

9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I use tunewiki. Much better than stock, plus added last fm and shoutcast functionality. The stock player is seriously lacking IMO.

10. sutton

sutton Active Member

Same here. The stock player does not play tracks in album order which renders it useless for me. Tunewicki seems better in this respect but not perfect. I'd be happy to hear suggestions for apps that work properly in this way. Not noticed too much battery drain using stock player or Tunewiki.

11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I just want an Eq. Oh and I need new headphones too :(

12. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Yeah an Eq would be bloody handy, can't believe it's not included really...

13. Ashtiany

I know, what were they thinking to exclude eq's from it..
    But thanks for all the replies guys, and i've been hearing a lot about this charge cycle thing, not sure if its a myth, but I think i've been seeing some improvements indeed :)