• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The new Android Update 4.4.2 is HORRIBLE.

There is a reason I do not update my phone. For the longest time I have been selecting ignore the update/install later but the other day I was careless and accidently told the update to go ahead. Ever since...

-My phone randomly restarts
-My status bar has been changed from a nice green to a boring grey
-The music player when screen locked used to show my background wallpaper. Now it shows a boring blue screen with a music note

MOST ANNOYING OFF ALL: My watchdog app is constantly giving me notification the Facebook, Twitter and AVG are all goiing above the CPU threshold of the phone. I havent even used any of those today. Only app I used is the weather to find out the humidex.

Who knows what else it did that I havent even discovered yet.

This new update SUX:mad:

I've never used the Samsung 4.4 update (my s3 version didn't even get it) but it must be better than Samsung 4.3?
As above, after a huge update like that you should really back up what you can and do a reset and install all your apps freshly on the new system.
As for changing the look, a custom launcher will help with the look of your homescreen, app drawer but if you root the phone you can literally make it look how you like (purple statusbar with pink clock for example) :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones