The New Android Update Messed Up My MyTouch3G

1. SCVroker7253

SCVroker7253 New Member

The other day I was prompted to update my phone to new firmware so I did. Well ever since the update my phone has been a complete wreck. Everything stops responding and I have to Force Close it which takes about 5 mins, everything takes forever to open if it doesn't stop responding first, and on top of that when I can actually get something to open it is god awful slow and it is the same when I go to close something. I am going crazy because my phone has almost got to the point where it is unusable. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going on?

Advertisement
  2. tehillim

tehillim Member

factory reset. The same thing happened to my daughter's phone and a factory reset solved it.
  3. rpena76

rpena76 Member

you can do a factory reset and if that doesnt work you are better off doing a master reset. NOTE: master reset will erase everything on the phone but its your best option. another thing you can try is getting TASKILLER application and close all your running applications. Sometimes people have to many applications open causing the phone to freeze. Remember its like a PC so closing all the apps that your not using will make it run smoothly
  4. dhoelcher

dhoelcher Member

That's FRG83D, unfortunately. Hoping the "Gingerbread" update will fix this CRAP update, not wanting to wipe my phone!
  5. rachuff

rachuff New Member

got my update around end of october. nad to reset phone and redownload apps. phone works ok now. some apps might not support froyo well. and because i use the sd card when connecting to pc i idon't put apps there.
  6. BacteriaEP

BacteriaEP Well-Known Member

Hate to be the barer of bad news but the chances of the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G getting the Gingerbread update are slim and none. I wouldn't expect it if I were you...

On a related note, my girlfriends MyTouch is doing the same crap. Her phone is completely unusable right now. I'm going to take it into T-Mobile and see if they won't spot her an update, otherwise I'm rooting the thing.