• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The New MetroPcs OTA Marshmello Update File Realease

viperdink

Android Expert
Dec 18, 2011
USA
Since as everyone is in a hurry to update their O/S. , I snatched this to get all the Devs , Tweakers , Wackers
a Head start in getting this one under Our belts. Hope it Helps .

WARNING: Use this at your OWN risk. I accept NO Blame for Your misuse or Actions in any way.

I wish you all good luck in your endeavers and Hope this Helps In some Way.

The File can be Down loaded Here;

https://www.mediafire.com/?9pkzph2qoo2d0ah

Be nice to each other and help when ever possible.
Viperdink

can you tell if this version of the update is different from the tmobile ota? would there be a difference if we just used the method of updating with the tmobile version that we already had? besides the bloatware obviously...i mean i would rather wait for someone to make a flashable zip of this since i am on metro, but if it doesnt make a difference and if nobody makes a zip, does it really matter?

Upvote 0
can you tell if this version of the update is different from the tmobile ota? would there be a difference if we just used the method of updating with the tmobile version that we already had? besides the bloatware obviously...i mean i would rather wait for someone to make a flashable zip of this since i am on metro, but if it doesnt make a difference and if nobody makes a zip, does it really matter?

My wife and I both have MetroPCS phones.

Mine is rooted. Hers unrooted/stock.

I flashed the T-Mobile kdz and updated to MM...I do not have Advanced Text Messaging.

I just update my wife's phone to MM last night and she has the Advanced Text Messaging....so far, this is the main difference I see. Also, I cannot change the shortcuts on my lockscreen...she can.

Upvote 0
to me it runs smooother then the tmobile version
thats interesting
My wife and I both have MetroPCS phones.

Mine is rooted. Hers unrooted/stock.

I flashed the T-Mobile kdz and updated to MM...I do not have Advanced Text Messaging.

I just update my wife's phone to MM last night and she has the Advanced Text Messaging....so far, this is the main difference I see. Also, I cannot change the shortcuts on my lockscreen...she can.
cool thanks for the info...just waiting to make sure nobody runs into an issue trying to root it so i wont fear flashing back to stock and taking the update

Upvote 0
The biggest issue for me with Metro Stylo + Tmo MM was Wifi issue. As some people experienced, I too had choppy Wifi connection so I had to use 4G wireless for internet surfing then eventually went back to Karana Rom.

Its been only few hours but it seems like Wifi works much better on Metro MM imo.

Bard, did you go back to stock and take the Metro MM OTA?

Upvote 0
Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes.

1. Use this guide to go back to Metro stock. Make sure to download Metro files.

http://androidforums.com/threads/rom-lg-g-stylo-h631-ms631-v10j-stock-restore.949196/

2. Set up phone.

3. Charge phone, connect to wifi, set date and time back to 05/13/2016 11:30 pm

4. Check update center
does it matter if i set the date/time while i was charging? i was at like 65% and figured i'd give it a shot but its saying its up to date...hopefully when i get to 90-100 something pops up...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones