1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

the new swype

Last Updated:

1. buddiec

buddiec Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have not been able to download and or install the new beta I get a screen size error, or a this is not a android phone what do I need to do short of a factory reset to get this working I also have a issue with my handcent all my incomming text revert to the stock messeging even tho handcent is selected as the default what gives with this phone lately

Advertisement
  2. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

Uninstall Swype from your phone.
    Reboot.
    Go to Swype | Text Input for Screens
    Register.
    Open the email on your phone and follow the directions to install it.

I just did this yesterday and had no issues.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Download only the apk that comes from Swype itself. Any other apk will be 50-50 with functionality and compatibility.

4. buddiec

I have already done that I have been registered with swype for a while so when the new beta came out I got the email from them clicked on it logged in tried to download and that is when I get the error message about incorrect screen size or it says this is not an android phone please download to a android phone. And I also followed the instructions and uninstalled swype from the jump to no avail. I currently been using shape writer it is good but I had gotten used to swype.

5. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

Did you delete the previous apk file like is said to. I missed it and had to go back and delete it. Also make sure you delete it from the phone's memory as well as the sd card..

Was a MAJOR headache till i figured that out.

6. jmitchell0831

jmitchell0831 New Member

You also need to make sure you use the built in browser and have Mobile View turned on. I had this exact issue and turning on Mobile View fixed it immediately.

NOTE: Not knocking other browsers just repeating what is stated on the Swype beta site. Checkout the FAQ, item number 5.

7. damule6666

damule6666 Well-Known Member

I downloaded with Dolphin HD. no issues at all.

Bloody fab browser IMHO

buddiec likes this.
  8. buddiec

Thanks buys after 2 weeks of trying to get it the stock browser was the ticket.

Now if I could get my hancent working again with out the stock text messinger pooping up I have turned off the stock notification but it still comes up so I am getting double text and it reverts to stock text input page it used to work fine now it's messed up again