The Nexus 7 Guidebook @ The Play StoreGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

At the Play Store. Describes how to use the Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

Advertisement
    colchiro, Tumeg, DanielM426 and 2 others like this.
  2. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Just a little something extra to keep us all entertained for a short while until our N7's show up. :)
    Atma likes this.
  3. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Its an interesting read. By the time mine arrives I'll have forgotten it all. :D
  4. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

Lol'd at the first review of the manual by this guy :D
    Ramzes13 and guyweathersby like this.
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

:D too funny!
  6. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

You'll have a chance to draw out that entertainment. There are a few sections that just say "content to come later", so I assume there will be updates.
  7. DanielM426

DanielM426 Well-Known Member

The suspense is killing me! I can't wait to learn how to change the wallpaper!:p
  8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You don't just jump straight into changing wallpapers. Please make sure you've read the health and safety instructions thoroughly before attempting such an advanced maneuver.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  9. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

Another way to kill time: The Android 4.1 SDK is now available, so you can make an emulator with a 800x1280 screen and pretend it is a nexus (rather bare of all the nexus apps though :).

I also had to make a symlink from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 to /usr/lib/libGL.so on my fedora 17 system (and run ldgonfig) to get the emulator to find the opengl library and give the emulated display something approaching reasonable speed.
  10. chimphappyhour

chimphappyhour Well-Known Member

Finally started to read this thing. Google is in serious need of a proofreader or two. (And I'm even skipping and skimming!) Lots of stuff in there will confuse the first time tablet owner and first time Android user.
  11. brinraeven

brinraeven Member

Is there any way someone can email me a copy of the guidebook? I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan and can't access Google Play Books.

Thanks,
    Steph
    stridermt2k, Ramzes13 and Unforgiven like this.
  12. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hi Steph. PM me your email and i'll get it to you.

Thanks for your service. :congrats:
    stridermt2k, Ramzes13 and Unforgiven like this.
  13. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

...you can start by steaming the old paper so you can peel it off easier ;)
  14. stridermt2k

stridermt2k Well-Known Member

You guys rock. -all of you!

Yeah, I have to admit that I had that thing read up long before mine arrived.
    :D
  15. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Yeah, me too.:rolleyes:

I also want to throw a scout out to bring, thanks.