• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Obnoxious Customer...... Me

Benrx

Dec 13, 2009
I have a Samsung Fascinate. I like it mostly, but its awful big for my hands, I'm having call quality issues and some GPS issues. I keep dropping it like its on fire. I think this is mostly the slick casing and less the size. I have a week left on my 30 day return period. I'd really like to try an Incredible, but I'm afraid I'd miss the big screen. If I do, I should have 30 days to return that and get my Samsung back or maybe try THIS, if this rumor is true. If the case is not so slick, the size might not be such a big deal, and I really liked HTC when I had an Eris.

I have seen people on these forums do this kind of thing just to try every new phone that comes out. I'm really just trying to find a phone I like. Will Verizon black list me? Will the CS reps roll their eyes when I walk in the store? How common is this kind of thing? In the end I feel like I'm the customer and I should be able to find a phone that makes me happy. I'm just curious if I'm being unreasonably terrible :)

Thank you for your support :p

That new device looks pretty sleek for having a physical keyboard.

leakedhd.jpg

But I'm wondering how much size difference there will be for you coming from a Fascinate.

I've moved your thread out of the Verizon forum to the Android Lounge so more members will see it, plus it doesn't seem fully Verizon oriented as far as the subject matter goes. ;)

Upvote 0
That's not the one with the keyboard unless I am mistaken.

Yeah, I thought about the size, but there are a couple technical issues with the Fascinate as well.

It looks awfully thin for having a slide out; I'll bet that's a different version.

As far as the size of the Fascinate goes, that's something I played with in the store to be sure I'd be comfortable with the device in daily use.

We've seen reports in the forums of this thing being slippery, etc.

Upvote 0
As far as the size of the Fascinate goes, that's something I played with in the store to be sure I'd be comfortable with the device in daily use.

We've seen reports in the forums of this thing being slippery, etc.
Definitely spend your time in store to assess physical preferences such as this. If slipperiness is your only concern (doesn't sound like that's the case though) a skin for the body of the device or something like egrips (if they still make them) can help.

Upvote 0
Trading phones during the 30 day window with Verizon is not an uncommon thing. MAny people do this so I'm sure the Verizon CSR's are fairly used to it. The only risk in doing it, however, is that Verizon policy states that they can charge you a $30 restocking fee when you return a phone. Depending on the Verizon rep you get you might have to pay this to trade to a different phone.

I think the unnamed phone pictured on the BGR report is the new HTC Incredible HD. Rumor has it that it's scheduled to be released to Verizon on or around November 23rd.

HTC Incredible “HD” Launching November 23rd? [RUMOR] | Android Phone Fans

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones