The Official Accessory ThreadTips

1. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

That case looks nice for running. I might get it. I ran last night with my N5 in a baggy pocket of my cargo shorts and it was just fine. It didn't seem to be in any danger of popping out. I suspect the pocket of my sweat pants would be just a good. I hate stuff around my wait too.
  2. noahj1102

noahj1102 Well-Known Member

3. justanotherguy

justanotherguy Well-Known Member

Malcster...
    Seidio is coming out with a Dilex case for the N5...Pics unavailable, but if it's like the N4 Dilex, it ought to be good..
    SEIDIO | LG Google Nexus 5
    Also saw these,not sure about them though :
    Cruzerlite Spi-Force Case for Nexus 5 - Nexus 5 - LG - Cases

One thing I wish the big boys would do, at this early stage, is announce if they are even developing for our phone...That way I can plan ahead......
    I already have have the Qi charger getting here ahead of the phone!
    malcster likes this.
  4. malcster

malcster Well-Known Member

Thanks for that
    i am going to order the speigen for now and hopefully the choice will be better in a few weeks
    i'll leave my phone in my bag for now
  5. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

I got the case, but I do not have a way to take a picture and upload it until I get home. It's nice, but I was hoping for something a little bit sturdier.
  6. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

Which case did you get?
  7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

8. mrsmumbles

mrsmumbles Well-Known Member

9. csiemers

csiemers Well-Known Member

Me 3! I left mine blank to see the white back of my phone. I'm thinking about putting a photo in there.
  10. morgankslade

morgankslade Well-Known Member

I purchased this one as well. How do you like it.

Just got mine. the caseology is sharper with Burgandy leather back, but spigen ultra hybrid is quite nice once I get a decent back-pic.
    Both will charge on Nokia DT900 wireless charger.
  11. shelliewnj

haha the photo is the one that came with the case. anyway, so far it stood up better than i thought it would. it feels really flimsy, but holds up better than it looks. ;)
    mrsmumbles and morgankslade like this.
  12. justanotherguy

Looking for possible cases for the N5, I found a link to the otterbox FB page..
    In it, they said there are no plans for a case for the N5...
    Off to seidio I go, I suppose

Rdit: Casemate Does have a tough case coming out for the LG G2.. I wonder........
  13. shelliewnj

No otterbox? Seriously? Wow. Either it doesn't need one or nexus users have a history of not buying them? I'm gonna go with it doesn't need one cuz that was gonna be my next purchase
  14. Gatman

Gatman Well-Known Member

I looked at the Otterbox website this week and saw they didn't have a case for the N4, so I figured I wouldn't wait around for one for the N5...I see that was a wise decision. :)
  15. justanotherguy

I imagine if you never drop it, it'll never need it ;)
    Seriously, *I* need one...I imagine they looked at the $$ side of it....
    How many N5's will there be in the first 6 months, and what % of those WILL buy an otterbox offering....financially unfeasible I imagine..

But I do wonder how physically different our phones will be from an LG G2....

hmmmmm
  16. shelliewnj

Yeah, already dropped it once. I should have that in my profile... "yeah, I'm a dropper" lol!
  17. jamesb6789

jamesb6789 Active Member

Just received my first QI charger from Amazon. It is branded "Metrans" and called a "Super mini".
    It only cost
  18. I was looking through cases and found on Amazon that I really recommend. Poetic makes nice cases, but the prices usually are not that great. If you are looking for a bargain and great protection for your new Nexus 5 I recommend the amCase Hybrid Bumper Case. It offers the nice thick edges of a bumper, but also the coverage and protection of the full case back. I got one this weekend and expected it to be a flimsy product since it was such a good deal, but it has surprised me and I am liking it so far.

Just my opinion though, to each his own! I hope this helps someone make up their mind on a case. :)
  19. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

So, it FINALLY arrived today, and works much better. :)

As I expected, the "premium" screen protector was cheap and doesnt have cutouts for the front camera or sensors, but I suppose its better than nothing ... so its on there.
    Gatman likes this.
  20. satch69

satch69 New Member

just search for armorbox nexus 5 on amazon to find some decently priced rugged options. I can't post links since I just registered :)
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  21. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Welcome to the forums! :D
  22. Ranhead

Ranhead Well-Known Member

23. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

I just ordered myself one of THESE. For $15 shipped, I figured I couldn't go wrong. Yeah yeah, the cloud. I just have a thing for physical storage.
    fisterkev and mrsmumbles like this.
  24. SAL8116

SAL8116 Well-Known Member

Interesting....