The official "bottomless but not topless" threadAccessories

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Doing an experiment here: I took the phone out of its glove. It's much less bulky like this and fits much better in my pocket. The soft keys are also more accessible. The phone looks better without it as well.

That said, I'm keeping the screen protector on. It adds no bulk and is invisible. I figure the screen is also the most important part of the phone's body.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

You WILL drop it. The glove makes it grippable.

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

ive owned a captivate since the day it came out and not a single drop so far. i dont want to cover it up with a big case either. im going full nude

4. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I'm this close to going full naked. Only thing stopping me is that I too believe dropping it is inevitable.

5. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

In Utah???

6. ZDroid1

You're assuming that if I drop it, the glass will shatter or something.

7. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Yup. Either the glass will break or the plastic will crack. I just find the glove to be a good balance of providing a grip while avoiding bulk. That said, to each his own. I just worry about my fellow forum members ;).

8. ZDroid1

Here's my current philosophy: screw it. It's just a phone. Life is full of risks. Just enjoy the damn device while it lasts. And then get a new one!

I wouldn't take off the screen protector. Forget dropping it; daily use would scratch it up.

9. novagator

novagator Well-Known Member

I've dropped it. The only thing I have is the phantomskinz carbon fiber chromatic and a screen protector. No scratches at all.

10. Andrewdroid

Andrewdroid Well-Known Member

Right now I have a silicone case for it, makes it a bit bigger but I need the grip, I can't treat the phone normally without the case, I'm too worried about it slipping. The silicone thing doesn't add too much weight though. Not only that, without something to increase the grip, it's actually harder to take photos steadily, especially without fearing it will drop.

Some camera guys like these things a lot by the way though, unfortunately they don't have a kit for our phone. But I have used them, they aren't bad. You'd have to maybe email them see if they can make a kit for our phone or compare our phone's size to another phone and cut it. Better than being totally naked.

Egrips Non-Slip Strips - Consumer & Promotional Products for Mobile Phones - Silicone Grip Material | Information

11. cmt074

cmt074 Well-Known Member

How is the brightness and clarity of the screen with your screen protector on? My friend has a Vibrant and he wound up ditching his screen protector after he saw mine without it. The first thing he said was 'why does your screen look so much better than mine?'.

His screen looked pretty dull and grainy with the protector on it. From what I understand the Galaxy S screen is very resistant to breaks/scratches.

12. LeRolls

LeRolls Active Member

I had a screen protector on mine for about a week but I couldn't stand how dull the colors looked so I had to take it off. Never gonna put another one on again.

13. ZDroid1

The screen looks great with the protector on.

14. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member