• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official "Can someone please get us an Update.zip" Thread.

I installed the Update.zip file (from Google directly) last night. My WiFi will connect but pages won't load, and even loading pages on normal 3G is pretty slow. Are there any implications to rebooting and applying the update again?

First try a factory reset!
I do not believe there is a way to re-apply the update.zip.

Upvote 0
I updated with update.zip yesterday. My phone went into a continuous reboot cycle, one right after the other until my battery died. I reapplied the update.zip and had the same results. I went in to a VZW corp store and told them the OTA caused it. They are replacing under warranty. Today, however I have been able to get the phone stabilized and is currently usable. Getting replacement tomorrow.

Upvote 0
I updated with update.zip yesterday. My phone went into a continuous reboot cycle, one right after the other until my battery died. I reapplied the update.zip and had the same results. I went in to a VZW corp store and told them the OTA caused it. They are replacing under warranty. Today, however I have been able to get the phone stabilized and is currently usable. Getting replacement tomorrow.

Plan B ;)

Upvote 0
i've got the OTA notice. i didn't update yet as i was gonna use this method; however, there is NO update.zip file ANYWHERE.

Yeah, I got the update notice, too, but searched and could not find any update.zip except a ClockModRecovery one I had left on the SD. Looked at it as a text file to make sure that was what it was. Any ideas? I still haven't installed yet, but might try the log method.

Upvote 0
I received the update notice this morning, (standard Dinc I've had just a few weeks) but decided to check here first and then I chose to do the manual update instead. I'm not sure if the Manual or OTA would be better than the other, but everything worked perfect thanks to the excellent instructions !!

Initial install reboot was stuck at the "Eye" for a while, a good minute, but now only hangs a few seconds.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones