The official "I have my Droid 2" thread

Last Updated:

1. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Pretty soon, a lot of people will want to post separate threads saying that they have their device. I am starting this single thread that you can all use to boast and brag all you want.

Any threads outside of this being of the topic will simply be deleted, closed, or merged to avoid clutter within the forum - so please use this thread.

:)

Advertisement
  2. Antwho

Antwho Member

Thanks for giving us your impression. I'm still debating on getting this or sticking with my droid x. I'm a little concerned when you mention how the material feels plastic.

3. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

If you dont mind the big screen and no physical keyboard stick with the droid X

4. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

5. marcosv

marcosv Member

Thanks for the quick review.

How does the Droid 2's screen compare to the Droid 1's and the Droid X?

Any idea if the Droid 2 uses a different car dock or other set of accessories?

6. gallandof

just updated for the docks. The car dock doesnt work, the new lip design gets in the way, but the home dock works. Screen is identical to Droid 1 ,Droid X seems a little brighter than the 2

7. Antwho

Antwho Member

8. frootbat

frootbat Member

Is the volume nice and loud like the D1?

9. gallandof

not sure ill check in a second.

10. gallandof

yup nice and loud, as I was changing SD cards I noticed that they have a little wall next to the SD card so that it only fits in the right way, I know with my droid 1 you could put it in slightly angled.

11. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member

whats the new motoblur like..this is one the reasons i might not want this phone as i dont usually like the motoblur or sense add ons to the os

12. gallandof

Its not too bad, Im a fan of stock android fan my self but some of the things about ninja blur I like are the widgets it offers the social networking widgets are nice, and the contacts widget is nice. Its not as annoying as sense UI as you can disable almost all of the Blur features and ignore most of it.

my biggest compalint about it hough is how after changing screens it has a little bar at the bottom to select homescreens, this bar stays for like 1.5 seconds so you cant open the main menu right after switching screens

13. duffyanneal

duffyanneal Member

Thanks for the first impressions. Get LauncherPro Plus and ditch motoblur. LPP allows you to run all the motoblur widgets and streamline the system. Works beautifully on the DX.

I'm on the fence right now whether to jump at the D2 or stick with the DX. Can't loose either way.

14. 11mess

11mess Member

I returned the X because it was just too big. If I was at home it was not a problem because I could just lay it down next to where I was. At work, I am a P.E. teacher, I needed something that could fit in my pocket normally. I really liked the X but the size killed it for me. In the case size matters...:eek:

I will snatch up the 2 tomorrow. Thought for a second about the fascinate but who knows how that phone will work out. It hasn't been released yet and I think it may be like the N1 and never get released to VZW.

15. gallandof

if it were my phone id definately thrower launcher pro on there since its the stores phone I cant :(

16. JeTaurus

JeTaurus Member

does it have the dual LED camera flash?

17. gallandof

yup dual LED's

18. gallandof

I have some of the pictures on my phone im just too lazy to upload them. I may get around to it tomorow

19. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

How odd. The people I've talked to who have both say the DX fits easier in the pocket because it's so much thinner.

20. sorka

sorka Well-Known Member

Wait, isn't the Droid 2 now the new flagship? How can it not have 720p video and HDMI????

21. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the speaker (Droid is nice & loud)? The output from 3.5mm on the Droid is weak. Compared to the X, the Droid's speaker output is better, but 3.5mm output is the same (weak).

22. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

From a "geometrical" standpoint, that would seem self-defeating ;)

Droid fits better in a pocket, unless it is a wide pocket, for which the design of the X would help out. Neither is a good option for a shirt pocket ;)

23. Old Man

Old Man Well-Known Member

Not really the flagship as much as a parallel offering to the Droid X and Incredible, more three different options than three different 'levels'. I personally like that, not having one obvious flagship that might require numerous compromises but rather multiple options where you can decide which is the best fit for you.

DROIDing likes this.
  24. ZeroOveride

ZeroOveride Well-Known Member

Just picked up two of them this morning. Very solid device so far. Quadrant tests have it running at just a tad faster than the Nexus One.

Keys on the keyboard feel a little "tight". Like they need a little extra pressure.

Got the desktop dock which is pretty good. Comes with a much longer power adapter than the phone itself.

Finally, they gave us some free stuff with the phones. A "Droid Does" bracelet. Like the livestrong style. And a little book that has a bunch of different post its on the inside.

One other thing I liked was the fact that it auto downloaded everything I had ever downloaded from the Market to the device for me. It even knew my WiFi network password (a little creepy). I am guessing Google Sync did it and it just never worked right on other devices as this was the first time it ever did this for me.

25. stl387

stl387 New Member

Just got mine about an hour ago and I love it!:D This is my first smartphone so I'm still trying to figure some things out. The keyboard feels good to me, the buttons seem a little "puffy" which makes them easy to push, although like all new keyboards it will take some time to get used to.