• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Official One-Click Rooting Solution for Droid Thread!!! :D :D LATEST: V2.0.4

RDKamikaze

Android Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2010
Unknown

LATEST VERSION: 1.8rA Stable or Try 2.06 Beta!!!
Works With Froyo FRG22D too!!

Soup or Root now has a Blog!! http://souproot.wordpress.com/

First off All credit goes to Sebastian Krahmer at C skills. Please see fit to donate via Paypal to 7-4-3-C@web.de

Credit for OMJ's tutorial goes to karnovaran at xda. He changed the directions a little to make them slightly easier and suited for the Droid1.

Hello and welcome to RDKamikaze's official thread to Droid rooting the easy way!! I have been working hard to code for you guys the best one-click root solution for a while and now I'm finished, woot!!

The one-click root (Soup or Root) is the easiest and most user-friendly way to root anyone's Droid, especially since there is virtually no chance to brick your Droid!!! By using the solution given by OMJ on How to Root Without RSD Lite, I was able to base my code around his work and bring to you the easiest and fool-proof way to root your awesome Droid :)

Steps to Root
1. Install Motorola Drivers!!
2. First the program!! Download Soup or Root v1.8rA!!
3. Turn on USB Debugging on your Droid: Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging
4. Make sure USB Storage is OFF!! Don't turn on USB Storage when rooting, or else the root won't work!!
5. Connect your phone and then run Soup or Root :) Enjoy!!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

~ BEFORE DOING ANYTHING: Turn on Debugging on your Droid!!
Home>Menu>Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging

~ Soup or Root v0.6 and v1.8rA require to have the cmd window be in focus, so don't click away while it's working until it closes!!

~ It is recommended if you know how to do a backup to do it!! I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your Droid, but I and fellow forum members will be happy to assist you if you encounter such problems :)

~ v2.0 BETA USERS: You no longer need to have Motorola Tools previously installed!! The installer will ask if you have it installed or not, and if not, it will install for you!! :D

If you enjoy my work and would love to do so (no pressure), please !! Thanks for your appreciation!!

YouTube - Soup or Root 2.01 Beta - 100% Safe Rooting for Droids up to FroYo 2.2 FRG22D

I love one-click root solutions - it is the way of the future and way to go

But, and I am not knocking your efforts here 1 bit, but this looks like +7 steps to me. I think when people read or think of one-click root solutions, they are thinking of something like Easy Root that really is/was point and click and done. That's what I think and why I clicked to read.

hope it works for people out there though...

UPDATE.. now it is pretty close to 1 click rooting as you can get :) the dev actively works daily to improve this app. nice.

Reactions: joyous007
Upvote 0
That's why there are going to be future releases, hence the version ;) This one is more the enthusiast's version or those who have the tools already (since it's the tools you need and steps for getting them in the earlier steps).

I've already got plans to have an offline program (actual program, not vbs) and an online program (goes online and downloads/installs tools) that are a full-out one click solution as you state. Don't worry, the idea is there but I want to make sure interest matches so I don't waste my time coding ;)

Reactions: unplugged12
Upvote 0
That's why there are going to be future releases, hence the version ;) This one is more the enthusiast's version or those who have the tools already (since it's the tools you need and steps for getting them in the earlier steps).

I've already got plans to have an offline program (actual program, not vbs) and an online program (goes online and downloads/installs tools) that are a full-out one click solution as you state. Don't worry, the idea is there but I want to make sure interest matches so I don't waste my time coding ;)

cool... and BTW, I do not think there is any lack of interest in a true one-click root solution. just look at Easy Root.. 50-250k downloads! this IS what people want and opens it up to the every day Joe who thinks the old school method is scary and just to much to deal with. which IMHO, it is.

Upvote 0

You are for sure on the right track. What you have here is something I feel comfortable trying. Could you tell me what apps I should download so I can make the most of the rooting. Thanks again for all your work on this.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the support guys, I'll get right on it! :D

EDIT: Just saw your post Seven Dogs, we're posting at the same time :) The apps I recomend are SetCPU (for over/underclocking), BB Toolkit (must flash a BBTK ROM, free), ROM Manager (helps with ROM installs/backups/flashing), and Lunar Lander (always a fun past-time ;)).

Upvote 0
I love one-click root solutions - it is the way of the future and way to go

But, and I am not knocking your efforts here 1 bit, but this looks like +7 steps to me. I think when people read or think of one-click root solutions, they are thinking of something like Easy Root that really is/was point and click and done. That's what I think and why I clicked to read.

hope it works for people out there though...

Didn't you have a not-so-easy time with EasyRoot though? I remember you lost recovery over and over. I think RSD Lite is just much cleaner. The fact that we have the tool is great; it's the actual tool that Motorola uses to flash the Droid, and we should be exploiting that. Honestly, RSD Lite is practically one-click as it is: install RSD Lite on your computer, plug your phone in, direct RSD Lite to the rooted SBF, and hit Start.

Upvote 0
Didn't you have a not-so-easy time with EasyRoot though? I remember you lost recovery over and over. I think RSD Lite is just much cleaner. The fact that we have the tool is great; it's the actual tool that Motorola uses to flash the Droid, and we should be exploiting that. Honestly, RSD Lite is practically one-click as it is: install RSD Lite on your computer, plug your phone in, direct RSD Lite to the rooted SBF, and hit Start.

yes I did, but not sure of your point?

(1) I didn't dog the OP - I appreciate it and said as much and think he is on the right track, but not there yet
(2) it isn't really a 1 click tool at this time
(3) though the old school method surely works, I think it archaic and dated and a true 1 click - like Easy Root - is the way rooting should go. so the end goal of the OP and my points are on the same page.
(4) people are already trying this and coming back with follow up questions.. which just means, as of this time, it is not a 1 click root tool as a 1 click root tool is just that with no process questions and clarifications needed. point and click.
(5) I do my darnedess to now help others based on that experience I had, but 1 hope is the creation of another truly 1 click root tool to make it easy on everyone

:thinking:

Upvote 0
RDKamikaze and OMJ thanks so much! I finally got my root on:) I've flashed ROMs before, waaay back on my Tilt, so I'm usually good following instructions. But for some reason I was having some serious issues, maybe I've lost too many brain cells since then, but this worked great. Thanks again and I'll be hitting the donate link:) BTW I used 0.6 version which worked great using windows XP.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones