• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The Official One-Click Rooting Solution for Droid Thread!!! :D :D LATEST: V2.0.4

worked like a charm i think.how can you tell it was rooted. any suggestions on how i can get netflix on it know.

You'll be able to tell you're rooted if you have an app icon with a skull and crossbones in your drawer. :)

I'm not familiar with the netflix app but if it's like any normal app you could download it from the marketplace I would assume? I'm going to be reading up on the netflix app myeslf to see if it's at all different for any reason. Until then, someone correct me if I'm wrong please, thanks!

Upvote 0
I have not tried this on anything past FRG22D myself so I'm not entirely sure. However, I have a thunderbolt now so I may or may not continue to support this app for the D1, sorry guys.

I do enjoy programming though, so there might be something in the works for a newer version of this or even another phone. First I have to get all the dust settled and be prepared for my next semester of college! :)

Upvote 0
What is the latest on your "one click" root solution? Is it still working and what does it do now? Just asking because I'm going to be getting a different Android phone soon and will need to root it and the "one click" thing sounds good since I'm not a techie type.

Thanks

This method was for the OG Droid by Motorola that is running Froyo 2.2. If you get a new phone it will be running either 2.3 or 4.0 so using this would not be advisable or recommended.

When you get your new phone checkout the "All Thing Root" section for your particular phone and you should be able to find a rooting method that would work along with the instructions for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones