The [Official] WatchON ThreadSupport

Last Updated:

1. pakilad

pakilad Member This Topic's Starter

HI,
    my watch on is not working, First of all it does not show my country (Pakistan) then i put other. then it does not show the brand of LCD i am using...how should i setup?
    Thanks
    Rafaqat:mad:

Advertisement
  2. Mabashi

Mabashi Well-Known Member

I don't own a GS4 yet, but I've played with one a few times. I couldn't find any options to configure WatchOn to control a separate speaker system for volume. I'm sure my speaker system is controlled by IR. Anyone have any ideas if it can be added to WatchOn?

3. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Yep, it gives you the option of choosing which device controls the volume. This is not a full featured app however and only gives rudimentary control of the devices and their function. For some its enough, for others a waste of time.

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

I have an older yamaha surround sound system which i was able to add to the app to control my volume.

5. jbeans187

jbeans187 New Member

Loving the phone so far and really think the Watch On app to use the phone as a controller could be great BUT I do not have a cable box and all of my channels are 55-3 or 90-8. When I try to manually edit the channels it does not let me put the "-" in, only whole numbers. I have synced up to the TV fine and use the channel listing for my area but since I don't have a box the channels are listed differently. Any tips or alternate apps?

6. leilomo

leilomo Member

i was wondering, is it possible to set 2 or more tvs?

7. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

yes, you can set up multiple rooms as well

8. leilomo

leilomo Member

plz tell me how!!

9. leilomo

leilomo Member

how can we set up multiple rooms in the watchon app?

10. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

Start the app, then menu, settings, add room.

11. rkkeller

Did you choose the OTA channel list?

I don't want to reset mine to see, but I think I saw antenna or OTA when first setting mine up.

12. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Have a question about WatchON? This is for you. :)

Want to share your experiences with WatchON? Let's hear it! :)

Multiple threads merged with this one. :)

13. Screech

Screech Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah, watchon's OTA digital tuning needs work, can separate main-sub channel numbers. Very cumbersome, more than once I find a code that will control power, but then not volume or input right. Still only thing it has on the 10+ year old MX-3000 remote is the online TV schedule.

14. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Watch on is not going to replace a remote on anything but relatively simple systems doing the most rudimentary tasks. No one should confuse it for even a fully functional remote replacement let alone a remote that provides automation of activities because you cannot create the buttons, pages, macros, and all the other things you need to do to get a fully automated remote. There will be no losing of a drawer full of remotes thanks to it.

I just got the full version of Touchsquid today. A review of it is grist for a different thread but a quick note here is that it would be a handful for guys who haven't dealt with setting up a more complex program of its type before. Its also overkill unless you want the full automation and/or have a more complex system thats going to need macros and other customizations to run. An FYI for folks thinking of looking toward the market.

15. james_uk

james_uk Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me how to stop or remove this app?
    i have had my phone 3 days and each morning i wake up and there is a notification saying i need to configure it, but i do not want to and when i open it from the notification theres no options to disable it?

16. rkkeller

I can replace a couple remotes if I wanted. Sure they only need on/off, vol up/down and the basics but its a great app to have as my phone is just about always on me.

I even use it on my main setup with TiVo with no problems and all the main TiVo buttons are there.

Is it going to go head to head with a $200 Harmony learning remote or similiar, no but for a free app it's workable.

17. rkkeller

Go into the app and settings and reset the app.

18. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

If you don't want to use it at all, go to the Android App Manager and choose the All tab. Find the remote app and there should be a disable button. This will keep it from running and remove it from the app list.

BigRedGonzo

19. markluther

markluther New Member

Yes you can add your stereo/AV Receiver system to control the volume but only after pairing your TV and Set top box with the app.

20. markluther

markluther New Member

I guess the notification widget bug is fixed now. Try to clear the cache and set up again.

21. DanDroide

DanDroide Well-Known Member

I have mine set up for a few different room with different TV's and components. Setting up the Favorites of the TV guide could have been easier.

Most fun I've had with the app? I was at a Chevy dealer (in their waiting room) playing with my S4. I was annoyed by their loud TV that had no remote or visible buttons. I added the dealer on (as a room) and I turned it down without any other waiting customers getting wise to my adjustments . LOL

22. stereoeclectic

stereoeclectic Well-Known Member

i admit being pretty impressed by the ability to use my phone as a remote. i've waited years for this one. mine set up pretty much flawlessly. (knock on wood.)

23. Sandcracka

Sandcracka Member

Is there any way to set it up to display HD programs only?

24. FrankP999

FrankP999 Member

Does this work with Roku?

25. techy216

techy216 New Member

Ya so many countries are not listed but it is not a problem we select other countries/regions option and then follow the steps by selecting your brand.So many brands have added in the latest WatchOn version 5.0.4.Once check by updating the app.