The Official "What has been using your battery" threadGeneral

1. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

As the title says, what has been using your battery? I charged mine this morning and have been using it pretty heavy but 5 hours later i'm at 20%....not gonna make it through the end of the day. With that said, i would like to compare with other people. Here's mine:

Started with: 100% @ 10:00 AM
    Now: 20% @ 3:00 PM

What has been using the battery:
    Android system: 42%
    Cell standby: 25%
    Phone idle: 16%
    Display: 15%
    Voice calls: 2%

as much as i love the phone, the battery on the inc. Is pretty pathetic imo

Advertisement
  2. DevHead

DevHead Well-Known Member

3. slackfumasta

slackfumasta Well-Known Member

Android system 41%
    Cell Standby 26%
    Phone idle 18%
    Display 12%
    Internet 3%.

Took it off the charger shortly before 9 am this morning, it's 4:30 now, and my battery is at 20%.
  4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

5. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

off the charger at around 8:00am
    currently around 2:30pm

up time: 6:24
    awake time: 44:02

battery at 80%

Voice Calls 34%
    Cell Standby 26%
    Phone Idle 23%
    Android System 11%
    Display 4%
    Dialer 2%
  6. jonbar87

jonbar87 Well-Known Member

How is your android system only 11%???? Mine is around 45 by the time it dies. Looks like everyone win is reporting high android system %'s also has poor battery life. Could there be something to this...?
  7. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the more you use your phone. If you let your phone idle only the Android System is running, draining battery life. But if you are using your phone other apps start taking percentages, lowering the relative percentage of the Android System.
  8. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Lmao my android system is at 88%

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.
  9. IOWA

But no other apps show up. Just wifi/standby/display

10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Look at his voice calls, he actually uses it as a phone, this will mean the android system uses a lower percentage of the battery.

I slapped the oem battery in mine last night and went to sleep so this won't be helpful but I'm bored:
    9h 31 m since unplugged.
    standby 45%
    Idle: 44%
    Android system: 8%
    Display 3%

system % 88 left

I turn off mobile network at night so random junk mail doesnt wake me up ;)
    got up checked weather surfed while on crapper drove to work and that's what it is.
  11. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Actually this isn't official.

I get 45-48 hours.
  12. Autonomy

Autonomy Well-Known Member

Am I right saying that most people just sit on the shitter with their phones because I do that also

as far as battery goes. I pulled mine off the charger at 7 am and by 9am it was down to 63 percent but that was using it constantly for 2 hours, like 54% Android system
  13. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Count me in there as well :)
  14. skraggy

skraggy Active Member

Biggest drain on mine is how cool the phone is. I can't stop playing with it!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk
  15. thirtyfour41

thirtyfour41 Well-Known Member

what else am i supposed to do on the crapper? read a book? jeez. i haven't read a book in ages!
  16. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Yea the higher the android system the more you use your phone.

I used mine a fair amount from about 7-11 then charged it over night and hardly used it this morning and this is what I have.

Up time: 22:38
    Awake time: 8:41

Cell standby: 36%
    Phone idle: 36%
    Wi-Fi: 12%
    Android system: 12%
    Display: 4%
  17. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Makes you think twice about buying used :eek:
  18. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Yeah, the more you play with your Android the bigger it grows.
  19. IOWA

So if I'm streaming data all day that makes my android huge then? :cool:

20. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member

So I saw on this forum to turn mobile data off when not in use and I thought I'd try it on my Incredible using a TP2 1500 mAh battery. Thought I'd just use it as a phone for a while.

Took the battery off the desktop charger yesterday and installed it into Inc. Here's what I got (MOBILE DATA OFF):

Up time: 33:16:10
    Awake time: 12:32:02

1d 9h 15m 31s since unplugged

Cell standby: 32%
    Phone idle: 29%
    Android System: 16%
    Voice Calls: 9%
    Wi-Fi: 5%
    Display: 5%
    Dialer: 2%
    Mediaserver: 2% (what is that BTW??)

It's been unplugged since yesterday at 8am - it's got 8% battery left now. Time is now 3:47pm (the next day). Moderate usage (for me at least). :)

Any questions -- shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
    -Elo
  21. baronzeus

baronzeus Member

Hmm could we have a program that disables 3g data when wifi is available, and otherwise disables wifi and enables 3g? I feel like this would give us HUGE performance benefits. I've been doing it manually today to test it out, and after 4 hours I'm down less than 10% battery life. Note that I'm on the Seidio right now.

I'd pay a decent amount ($10 or maybe more) for something that did this well. Of course I'd want a 1 week trial or something to test it out...

I tried Y5 but it doesn't work on my Dinc.
  22. alison03

yeah I'm not sure how/why my android system was so low. It was semi-light usage (playing) and I was on the phone a lot more (as noted in the %) yesterday but I am not sure what those stats mean, exactly haha.
  23. baronzeus

baronzeus Member

My gut tells me that Android system includes ALL things that are done in the services layer. So if you have twitter, facebook, and a ton of stuff running in the background, then you use more "Android system". I personally don't (mainly sync emails in the background)
  24. IOWA

Lol I have small beautiful widget, two calender widgets, power control, facebook, 10 email accounts, gtalk, TiKL PTT and more running in that category =P

25. alison03

oh I didn't realize what exactly "Android System" was made up of. That makes sense though, as I only have a gmail/yahoo mail, and facebook with refresh off. I don't think I really have any other running apps off the top of my head.