The only dealbreaker between froyo roms and me

Last Updated:

1. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The 3d gallery. I hate the 3d gallery. Personal preference and I am probably the only one, lol.
    Any way to get the htc gallery to work with froyo? It is my understanding that htc sense based stuff will not work with froyo and vice versa.

Advertisement
  2. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

I thought that kaosfroyo v36 had gone back to the 2d gallery. At least thats what I read in his thread over at xda.

3. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

im not a big fan of the 3d gallery either. thats why i uninstalled it and put a 2d gallery on mine. Kaos (who makes kaosfroyo) is working on a sense 2.2. its out for download, but buggy. but the way this dude works on his roms, it should be working in no time.

4. Jshizzy

Jshizzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is the 3d gallery you are talking about the B&B gallery from the market or is there a better one?

5. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

somewhere in the kaosfroyo thread on xda is the fix to remove the 3d gallery and put the 2d gallery in its place. its not something you download from the market but you download the file from a link someone provided. you'd have to search for it, its either buried in the thread or in the faq at the begining. i've done it on kaosfroyo v34 and its a pretty common question that will get you flamed if you ask it in the xda forum.

edit: heres a link to the 2d app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=7218547&postcount=3652

i'm pretty sure you just uninstall 3d gallery then install this, can't remeber for sure what i did to install it.

edit 2: you install it by copying it to the system/app folder then rebooting. i used root explorer to do this.

6. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

CelbFroyo 3.0 removed the 3d gallery completely. I've tested the camera a few times and it seems to be working fine.

7. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I use Tazz 11 and it is a 2D gallery

8. jaym

jaym Member

I couldn't get it to delete by holding it over the can in LauncherPro so I just deleted the 3dGallery.apk from /system/app.

Seems to be working fine standalone and when accessed from the camera.

9. jsuh

jsuh Well-Known Member

10. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

3D gallery bites. I agree completely. Most of the roms are now using the 2D gallery to fix a bug in the camera app. I use an app called just pictures which I find to far better however it does not take over the functions of the gallery apps, it is a stand alone app.