The only way I get good battery life is when I use app killerSupport

Last Updated:

1. dieNASTY

dieNASTY Active Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 9, 2010
    I can last a good 15 hours and still have like 50 percent. But when I don't use it the barry drains and barely lasts a day. I've been hearing that app killer is bad but if I don't use it I have no battery...

2. Gophert

Gophert Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I have the same results. My battery without the ATK would last 6 to 7 hours of LIGHT use. I set the ATK to kill only certain things, including itself and now I can get 20+ hours with normal use. From what I have read, you just don't want ATK to be on auto kill and kill everything. That could have an adverse affect on the evo. My evo runs smooth without any problems. No complaints here.
  3. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Mar 30, 2010
    The app killer is bad when you use it against the os itself. When you kill functions of the os itself, it will cause the phone to become unstable. But with the evo, there is soo much junk on it that using the app killer is the only way to get good battery life. Just do not go nazi on it. Keep what you need open, like music player, pandora, voice mail, ect. But close what you do not use, like mp3 store and footprints. I wish there was a law that allowed you to uninstall app on a phone. Oh well.
  4. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    This is what is weird to me, I had the exact opposite results. When I was running ATK, I was down to 30% or so after 8 hours. I quit using ATK and my battery is rockin' all day with at least 50% when I plug it in to charge at night, usually 10 pm or so.
  5. cr74mz

cr74mz Member

Jun 19, 2010
    For what it's worth, I haven't use any task killers, but I did turn off several radios and auto sync. Here's what I did:
    Calibrated my battery (instructions in this very helpful thread);
    Turned off auto-sync (menu>settings>accounts & sync>Auto-sync);
    Turned off GPS; (cell towers are accurate enough for my purpose)
    Turned off Wi-Fi; (3G suits my needs)
    Turned off Bluetooth; (I don't use any Bluetooth devices)
    Turned off 4G; (There's no 4G in my area)

My results from those actions:

Routine 30 hour use from 100% charge to 30% charge.
    I manually have to update weather now though, and it will sometimes disappear.
  6. royal42crown

royal42crown Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I too have these items turned off when I'm not using and have been getting upto 12+ hours with 40% left. I do use the web browser and the market several times a day with no issues. The ATK was a must on my hero but not with the evo of course I don't do facebook,twitter, or myspace stuff. Seems like everything I've read has some tie in with these things or other auto syncing apps. If I don't use it it doesn't run. Good luck to all getting extended battery life.