• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The perfect phone??

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
How would you build the perfect phone using pieces from other phones (no imaginary or future tech)? Here is what mine would be--

1. Screen - HD screen like the Droid with the coating the iPhone 3GS has to reduce finger prints

2. 1 GHz snapdragon

3. Body shape/size of the Eris

4. Android, but with the following improvements:
a. stock launcher would have all the features of Helix Launcher 2
b. stock messaging app would have all the features of Handcent
c. apps would be as well designed as they are in Apple's app store (facebook, etc)
d. push notifications like iPhone for sports, IM, etc.
e. a way to rent movies like iTunes for the iPhone

5. Flash (it's been seen running on Nexus so it fits the criteria of the post)

6. 8MP camera with flash

7. 8GB internal storage, no memory card needed (I just use streaming music, and picasa so I don't really keep much on my phone at all)

8. Long lasting battery that will last all day even making phone calls, etc

9. 1GB RAM

10. noise cancelling mic

That's about it. That would keep me happy for at least a year. Some things that are on some new phones that I don't care about are:

1. Front facing camera
2. excess memory (over 8GB)

So what about everyone else?

Well, I'll take your model and mod it a bit (pun intended).

1. Made by HTC

2. 3.2" - 3.5" 480 x 800 AMOLED capacitive touchscreen

3. 1.5 GHz Intel Atom processor

4. Android 2.6 (Gingerbread) with:
HTC Sense UI
Flash support
Silverlight support
Capability to remove any and all I apps I want to
Bluetooth voice dial capabilities

5. LTE 4g ready

6. 8MP camera with dual LED flash and Lumix lens.

8. 16 Gb ROM

9. 1 Gb RAM

10. Micro SD expansion slot (comes with a 32 Gb card)

11. Physical send and end buttons

12. All the other usual goodies that come on smartphones these days.:D

Upvote 0
Right now the perfect device for me is the Evo. Nice big bright screen, Wimax 4G, affordable Sprint plan, HDMI out, front cam, newest version of Android, etc.

Other than that, the only things I would change are maybe making the device thinner, improving battery tech so you could get a few days on a charge, and better screen tech along the lines of Super-AMOLED.

Obviously "Perfect" would be something unattainable with current tech but then again...I remember posting our "dream phone" specs on PPCGeeks a year or two ago and it pretty much matches the Evo and Incredible class of devices.

Upvote 0
Perfect always advances, that's why I said using current tech.

20 years ago the "perfect" phone was just one that would fit in your pocket that you could take with you. 10 years ago "perfect" was a PDA and phone together. 10 years from now "perfect" may be a phone that lasts a week without charging and types what you think.

For example, a phone could last a month without charging now using nano batteries, its just only about 10 people in the world could afford to buy it right now in its current state of development.

Upvote 0
Well, I'll take your model and mod it a bit (pun intended).

3. 1.5 GHz Intel Atom processor

4. Android 2.6 (Gingerbread) with:
Capability to remove any and all I apps I want to

5. LTE 4g ready

12. All the other usual goodies that come on smartphones these days.:D

3. Can a 1.5 GHz processor fit in a phone yet? If so this would be my choice also

4. Is Android skipping from 2.1 to 2.6? Is Gingerbread already being worked on? What is going to be added?

5. It's coming eventually, I also am really looking forward to LTE, but for me the biggest reason is hopefully when I unlock a phone I can use it on ANY carrier and not worry about compatibility

12. Thats a given

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones