The phoneGeneral

1. chago360

chago360 Well-Known Member

I am planning to buy the LG Volt and I want to know some specs such as what is the avergae battery life, how long does it take to charge, is it a good phone, and if the phone is fast.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidProf

AndroidProf Well-Known Member

The average battery life depends upon the number of apps that you have activated on your phone. However, with a few apps such as Facebook, Skype, Mail etc. it can offer the time of 24h (with 3G active ofc). As for the speed of the phone, depends upon with what you're comparing the speed of the phone to. If you're comparing it with that of a HTC One M8 or Z2 you'll be somewhat disappointed but if you're comparing it with that of the other phones in its price range, then yes its speed is quite good as it uses a Qualcomm 400 chipset, though again if you hvae a lot of apps active the 1GB RAM fills up quickly and might slow the phone down. Overall it's a pretty decent set in its price range
  3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Well-Known Member

What is your current device?
  4. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

Battery life is very good.
    Compared to my S2 it's lightening fast.
    Comparing it to my girls S3 it's almost the same; both with a factory reset benchmark is almost the same. After root and bloat remover my volt benchmarks higher than her stock S3 (not rooted with all bloat)
    rosedale and Bootlegger like this.
  5. chago360

chago360 Well-Known Member

Bootlegger my current device is the Samsung Galaxy S2 epic 4g
  6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Well-Known Member

I have never owned a Samsung device and refuse to own them...anyways, the LG Volt will be great upgrade for you!
  7. Tigatron

Tigatron Well-Known Member

I had the S2 it powered itself off and is dead that's why I got the volt.
    The volt will run circles around your S2
  8. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

The battery life is almost shocking! VERY GOOD!

My wife has one and I can't believe it, she's usually about 60-70% left at the end of a normal day!

The phone seems to be very smooth and fast! ENJOY! For the price this is a really tough one to beat!
  9. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Well-Known Member

I upgraded from the same phone. Easily double the battery life, and significantly faster. I've been running it with 4G and GPS always on. Haven't even had to worry about the battery making it through the day, usually only have to charge it every other day, and I spend a good amount of time in areas with flaky signal due to work.
    Bootlegger likes this.