The physical buttons are going to be problematic - they are sinking

Last Updated:

1. Meus Android

Meus Android Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed the Home and Menu buttons are slightly in further than the other buttons, possibly incidicative of that prolonged use could affect their stability. I've only had this phone since yesterday and haven't used it too much but I'm worried about this already :confused: The Home button particularly, in which I use the most, is sinking

Advertisement
  2. tiatool

tiatool Member

Sounds like a manufacturer defect. It should still be under warante. Just take it back and ask for a new one.

3. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Must be a faulty handset.
    Ive had mine since the hero launch and have had no such problems.

4. PaulC

PaulC Active Member

No problems here either and I use them a lot. Only way I could see it being an issue is if it's a manufacting defect or you're hoofing them.

5. LABRAT

LABRAT Well-Known Member

My buttons are also fine, so maybe a fault with your handset as others have said...

On a side note top marks for using the word "indicative" I love that word... :0)

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

I prfer the word hoofing, mine are fine too, and I canbe accused of the occasional hoofing!!

7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I thought the same when I first got mine (now a couple of weeks old) - it's very slight and I wasn't sure whether I was imagining things. Since then, any sinking hasn't got any worse and I think it was just a 'newness' sort of thing as the membrane under the buttons settled down. I'm continuing to monitor it but I don't think it's gong to be a problem. At least htc give a two year warranty :)

8. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

No difference in mine after 3 months or so and I've go big fingers!

As suggested I wouldn't be surprised if it was just an initial compacting of the membrane underneath and that should see the last if it.