The Problem with Android phones

1. StDevious

StDevious Well-Known Member

The problem with the best android phone, the droid and the upcoming nexus is that the screens are not wide enough. which makes using them in landscape mode a pain. Also in portrait mode, the keyboard is cramped. See the android keyboard and the one on Hero. Hero looks to be wider than the droid, thereby accommodates a wider keyboard.

Looking at the image comparison of iphone vs droid and nexus you will see what i mean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hero looks slightly better, which allows for that excellent keyboard with well spaced keys in portrait mode.

[​IMG]

I think manufacturers need to make the droids a bit wider to allow better usage in landscape mode.

Advertisement
  2. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

:)[​IMG] +1 Insightful

...but then I'm an old geezer who doesn't like his laptop's widescreen display, either. :rolleyes:
  3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Hmm... I've never noticed the width of the screen to be a problem. Looks fine and both of the keyboards are easy to use. I type in portrait mode all of the time and the keyboard is plenty fast and usable. This seems kind of nitpicky.
  4. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

...And stay off his lawn! :p
  5. X-Ter

X-Ter Well-Known Member

I've used the iPhone keyboard and its excellent. I have a Hero and while its keyboard is good, the iPhone beats it. I've also noticed the width of the screen and its definitely a factor.
  6. mrthundercleese

mrthundercleese Well-Known Member

Seconded. People would still complain about the sofboard (tm hahaha) even if the screen was another mm wider.

edit: before someone barks at me saying "its blah blah blah dimensions" I did a butt pull on the "mm". Too lazy to actually check. I'm sure someone will still correct me though :)
  7. ItalianScallion

ItalianScallion Well-Known Member

I love my Droid, but the I do miss the width of the iPhone's screen...it made typing and navigating just a shade or two easier.