The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

1. rodofgod

rodofgod Well-Known Member

:confused: I've just installed Revo4 today, and was loving it, however, I just went to change from Shade of Dusk theme to the ICS theme whilst at the same time changing the boot animation and upon restarting the phone icon and my contacts icon have changed. The phone icon is now a folder and the contacts icon is now the arrow which appears when you join contacts. I get a message The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly and a force close button repeatedly when I try and open either.

Anyone got any ideas? I hope I haven't ruined my phone.

Advertisement
  2. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

Got a back up? Could try restoring in CWM recovery. I think your supposed to use a theme cleaning app when changing it Im not 100%.
  3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I've already posted the fix for this up in the checkrom 4 thread.
    You probably had a non stock dialer before the ics theme went on.

I couldnt get the stock dialer to download let alone install from the kitchen, but try this first, and if it works then do this and reflash the ICS theme

If you cant then open the original checkrom firmware .zip and extract contacts.apk
    Then build an Install zip with just this apk file in. just use another one you have to build it then flash it.
    Once the dialer is back to stock flash the ics theme again and you will be good to go
  4. rodofgod

Thanks hawker. Could you explain how you build an install zip though? I'm a total novice with rooting androids. ;)
  5. simes6600

simes6600 Well-Known Member

copy the contacts.apk to your sdcard and then move it into system/app with root explorer or a similar app and then reboot. I had the same prob with a custom dialler from kitchen. an ideal fix would be to flash the stock dialler from kitchen but the download is broken. or download the theme restore package from themes on kitchen and see if that helps. and then re-flash your choice theme.
  6. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Note: The contacts.apk in the file below I took from CheckROM 4 (KK5)
    I dont know if this will work on non KK5 firmware (just in case others try to download it)

Stock Samsung Dialer
  7. rodofgod

Oh hang on, I downloaded the theme restore package and it seems to have worked! :D

Will I have the same problem if I try ics again? It worked fine earlier, problem only seemed to arise when I tried to change the theme and boot animation together.
  8. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

as long as the stock dialer is current, then ICS should install and be able to use the dialer without FC's
  9. rodofgod

Yep, it's working on ICS now. ;)

One thing though, you get that tiled animation graphic at the start of ICS, but in the background, on start up, I can hear the Revolution boot animation which I had on prior to the ICS theme. :confused: Any ideas?
  10. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Using root explorer go to system, media and you should find a boot animation zip. Double check its the revolution boot animation by opening the zip and viewing one of the images. If it is delete it and reboot your phone.