• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly

skairdykat

Mar 7, 2011
Can some one help please?
I've been trying to root my phone with no success, first using z4root via a link that I got off here. It got so far then just returned back to the menu screen. then tried this How to root your LG GT540 - Android @ MoDaCo but mt phone doesn't have 'enable root permission'
so then I followed the instruction on #2 on this thread [FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread ! - Android @ MoDaCo the only choice I got after downloading the file (on my phone) was 'dimiss'
So then my phone started running slow so i restarted it, only on restart I keep getting force close messages for some of my apps (messaging, clock) and then one that says 'the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.please try again' I keep pressing force close but the message pops back up. I can't do anything with my phone now :thinking:
What's happened? What do I need to do? Or is my phone just knackered and why?
I'll be gutted it I can't fix it, I love my phone :(

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones