the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly

Last Updated:

1. thewarlock

thewarlock New Member

I've read other posts regarding this error but they do not suit my problem. I use the word problem loosely because it hasn't cause me any issues so far. This error message (the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly) shows up at boot, and gives me an option to force close. Now, today I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-s5660M running Gingerbread 2.3.4.

I used the universal gb root to do it, as other avenues of rooting failed. I did this because the phones internal memory is very low (180mb) or something like that, and wanted to remove the crowded and unnecessary bloatware on the device. For instance the stock web browser, additional non essential apps, etc. As I was doing this, I noticed my internal memory was DECREASING, which aggravated me. So, i factory reset and ever since, I've been getting this error (the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly) everytime on boot. My questions: What does it mean? I receive calls and make them no problem, unlike some other users on this forum have reported. Also, upon factory reset, I noticed the default web browser had not installed, but every other app I removed did reinstall. So what does this mean? And how can I reinstall my original OS like how I bought it.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post, I am really newbie to android =)

cheers

Advertisement
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello and welcome aboard. A lot can go wrong when you "modify" a device - fortunately for you, you have come to the right place for help.

I've moved your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Gio (root) Forum for some better responses. :)
    thewarlock likes this.
  3. flo28rin

flo28rin Member

Something similar happened to me when I deleted the Dialer system app after rebooting. However, it showed me the error message every few seconds. I restored the app to fix the problem, as I made a backup before uninstalling it. Do you have another dialer installed?