• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The quickest, easiest root method?

DapCorderman

Mar 25, 2010
If this has been asked I cannot find it. If it has then I apologize in advance.

What is the easiest, quickest method for root right now? There seems to be a new method being developed every week.

I know there are basebands available to load that will help with the signal issues. Are there fixes with root that will resolve the audio issue with Pandora?

Thanks

Check my sig, it's been quoted in this thread already ;)

As for Androot, I just now read up on it and it is NOT recommended for root if you plan on installing custom ROMs (the beauty of rooting) or plan on doing anything involving your /system folder (the other beauty of rooting). This is because it does not give you access to /system and only does superuser permissions.

My program, however, does unlock /system on your droid for 100% root capability ;) Not to bash androot or anything, they are great developers (probably better than me) but if you want to root, do it right the first time. :)

Plus version 2.0 beta just came out and it's ridiculously easy!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones