• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The real deal on SetCPU for BB V1?

inssane

Android Expert
Dec 17, 2009
Chi-Town
I have been reading different things, and now I am dizzy.
A: Will SetCPU work with V1 and approved kernels?
B: Will it be "killed" anymore and does the start with boot work?

I like to down clock certain times so this is important. My 1200 on V1 was sitting at 140F in the car - I down it to 800 when on the dock, so you can see my concern (and there is no failsafe built in, I think)

Thanks and hopefully this will clear things up for other.
N

Working fine for me. Have you updated to the newest version of SetCPU? I think there was an update today or yesterday.

BB 1.0 was more than worth the wait. CM was nice and everything, but this release is so much faster for me and just feels like it "fits" the Droid better. As nice as CM was, it still had some weird quirks that bothered me and don't seem to exist with Pete's ROM.

Upvote 0
Here's some really good info concerning SetCPU from the v1.0 thread at AD: [ROM] Bugless Beast V1.0 ESE81

I've deleted the "pete" file from xbin now, because I definitely want to have SetCPU run my profiles and this will eliminate any opportunity for conflicts.

what kernel are you running?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Now when I delete the file, my phone starts to randomly reboot....

I ended up deleting the file myself hoping it would help on battery life through custom profiles. However, I'm still getting the reboots that I was used to on Pete's ROMs (via unmounting SDcard and booting, it generally goes twice). No error for deleting it though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones