The road to Android ICS 4.0 on the Triumph

1. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

Touchscreen is the first step in the process. Issac, you may end up beating CM9 having a build ready for the Triumph. I know you didn't plan on it... but you may stumble apon finding easy (ok, not so easy) fixes to turn this into a full fledged ROM. Even if you wait till CM9, this is a step in the right direction. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us (now and in the future.) We all can't thank you enough for the hard work you have put in to make this phone the phone it should have been from day one.
    Heriberto52 likes this.
  2. tgpraveen

tgpraveen Well-Known Member

So now that the touchscreen is working, I guess you can actually play around with ICS, so what else of the Triumph hardware is working?
  3. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

xThatGuyZ and evanrobinson85 like this.
  4. evanrobinson85

evanrobinson85 Well-Known Member

Nice work Isaac!
  5. klown07

klown07 Well-Known Member

This is all exciting and crazy lol. We really do have a few very talented individuals here at android forums :))
  6. xThatGuyZ

xThatGuyZ Active Member

my face was literally like this (o).(o) when i saw this thread. I SO EXCITED! ^_^ Isaac, youre the MAN! donations to come soon!
    bradhoschar likes this.
  7. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I think this about sums it up. ;)

The SDK port has no libraries for any other relevant hardware. So, there's no way to really know what's broken or not because there wasn't any support for it to begin with. However, getting the touchscreen to work was the most important thing. In the future, it would be hard to work on a ROM you can't interact with. If I'm not around when CM9 starts getting off the ground, and another dev takes over, it would be a pain in the ass for them if the touchscreen isn't working.

EDIT: I should also mention that I'm updating the touchscreen driver. I'm hoping to improve the performance. Since those changes are purely hardware, it can be backported to kernels for other Triumph ROMs too.
  8. lifeblows10

lifeblows10 Well-Known Member

LOL, nice picture.
  9. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

LOL. nice pic.

Does the updated driver feel more responsive?
  10. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Well-Known Member

Wow maybe if we're lucky you can find out how to get this phone more efficient multi touch
  11. isaacj87

Actually, that's what I'm working on. The kernel source for the CSL Mi-410 contains a newer driver for our particular touchscreen.
  12. portezbie

portezbie Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome! We cannot thank you enough for all your hard work isaac.
  13. isaacj87

So, I'm trying the new touchscreen driver changes (on MIUI) and I think the performance is much better. I won't say it's perfect, but it's much improved. Before, on Shadowgun, it was difficult to play because the touchscreen responded to every nuance. It was annoying as hell. Now, I find that Shadowgun is much more responsive when I'm running and gunning at the same time (something I couldn't really do before).
  14. snail3

snail3 Member

maybe a dumb question, so the new touchscreen driver can be applied to Gingerbread (MIUI) as well?
  15. isaacj87

Yeah, that's what I tested it on.
    klown07 likes this.
  16. eas014

eas014 Well-Known Member

Would the touchscreen driver update work on cm7?
  17. tusing

tusing Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOO A REBECCA BLACK! KIll IT WITH FIRE AND NUKE IT FROM ORBIT!!!
  18. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Here we go! lol

[​IMG]
  19. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Aye Isaac, I was going to try to fix the Triumph not being "true" multitouch. Being when the axis cross or get to close they try to cling together. Since your messing with the touchscreen driver, fix this problem if you can...
  20. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

I didn't think these type of multitouch issues could be fixed with a driver. That's awesome if it can, but I though it was just a product of the hardware used on phones like this and the original nexus.
  21. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Well not exactly fix it, but just improve it...
  22. isaacj87

That's not something that needs to be "fixed." That's just the panel sensitivity (or lack thereof).
  23. ziggy46

ziggy46 Well-Known Member Developer

can you make it reconize more fingers? or is that the actual hardware ability and not software? :confused: it would be cool if you could get it to reconize more fingers, because the dang wildfire s can reconize like 5! and our phone is supposed to be better!
  24. isaacj87

Yeah, it should be possible. If the panel can register 2 simultaneous inputs, I don't see why it couldn't pick up 3-10 multi-touch. Do I want to add 3-10 MT? No. I don't have any use for that. The driver is available for anyone to modified though.
  25. Mobstergunz

Mobstergunz Well-Known Member Developer

well i don't see the need to add more iputs but ive noticed other phones that have 5 inputs perform better