The s3's clock? (One for the geeks) :)General

1. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Ok this is a bit random but i have the s3. My wife got the Galaxy Ace like a week ago. We both have the same app which beebs hourly (shes severely diabetic n i like her to check blood/sugar levels every hour)
    Anyway like a week ago, hers beeped about 3seconds before mine.. the gap has gradualy decreased to about a second in the space of a week.
    Neither of us have adjusted our clock and theyre set manualy.
    So which phone is most likely to be losing time; the 1.6ghz quad core super-phone or the 800mhz single core starter phone?
    I know i could set them both by BBC time and see but i wana see these great brains working :)

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

Dude, it depends how the second is defined in the code, it's not simply 1, more like 0.xxxxx there will be a slight variation for some reason between your ROM's/builds I expect.
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

Well hers is stock (for now lol). Mine is modded and i go between cpu speeds of 500mhz n 1.6ghz (mostly 1.6) plus i probably reboot more and her battery lasts much longer so chances are its mine losing time?
    And is there like a lil rechargable battery that keeps time when shut down?
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

It could be yours mate, but without seeing the coding it's hard to tell.

I believe I remember seeing a battery on the S3 mobo when phandroid put a pic up over Xmas, when the nand failures were occurring.
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

Only just found this thread again lol. Excelent app man cheerz :)
  6. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Why have you time set manually? Let the network keep your time in sync. It's much more accurate than your phone will be.
  7. funkylogik

Doesnt seem to work on my netork mate. Ive set that app to update from atomic clock every week so shouldnt use much resources :)
  8. funkylogik

Hmm my clock had already lost .67 of a second since installing ClockSync.. thats pretty poor eh :)
    Im guessin things like phones dont use a crystal to keep time?
  9. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member

There's 2 minutes difference between my S3 and my Nexus 10! :confused:
  10. funkylogik

Does that difference expand quickly though?
  11. ScoobyWRX

ScoobyWRX Well-Known Member

Seems pretty constant