• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Samsung Behold II Update has started From Tmobile Forum

I was one of those whose update the last time failed. I waited a week for T-Mobile to fix it, and to their credit they tried, but still didn't work. If not for ODIN, looks like my phone would be left behind.

I wonder . . . if someone roots this, in theory could I pull the dialer off this official 1.6 and replace it on Take5 so I don't have those force closes/freezes all the time?

Upvote 0
are they gonna extend the dates out for the update? per announcement, it's end today! thanks.:mad:

Hey everyone this is posted on the tmobile forum here is the link The Samsung Behold II Update has started - T-Mobile Community

Below is what they stated

Hello Samsung Behold II Users,

In partnership with Samsung, T-Mobile has completed the software build for updating the Behold II to Android 1.6.

The deployment of this software has begun and will occur each night from 11pm to 6am PST, from June 21st to June 25th. The deployment may extend a little longer depending on network capacity, however no issues are expected.

In addition to the previously announced updates, there are several bug fixes included, resolving key issues that were provided via your feedback. Some of these resolved issues include:

• Unable to search contacts by last name.
  • LCD flickering/static when unlocking the device.
  • Memory card issues, including:

Upvote 0
i just got the new update, and i've completely lost all service. it's been about an hour and still nothing. i've also noticed that all contacts i had previously stored onto the SIM card are now gone, and my phone doesn't vibrate. anyone know how to help? :/

I've seen similar stories on Tmobile's forums. This may be the reason they're not rollin this out quick...or at all anymore?

Upvote 0
Just received the update about a half hour ago; had to charge phone to start (just as with the first update); waiting for phone to power back up.

Okay, phone now powered up. I'm not a techhie, but here's the "About Phone" reading:

Firmware version

Baseband version
T939UVJE2

Kernel version
root@sep-56 #1
Tue May 4 19:02:25 KST 2010

Build number
76XXCSCBALUM63**

Only differences I see right away is a camcorder app that I don't believe I had earlier, and an alert in my notification bar that states "low on space - phone storage space is getting low." If I click on it, it takes me to manage applications. Again, since I'm not a tech person, I don't know what's new or not. Hopefully, one of you guys can use the info above.

Upvote 0
Well I kind of forced the update yesterday using some of the tips from this thread and some intuition. What i did was, plug the phone into the charger, powered the phone off, removed the battery, put it back on, turned the phone on and the arrows came up. I was on Edge NOT 3g the whole time. The device management (arrows) stayed on for about 10 minutes then turned off. Nothing happened after that. So i went into my Device Management shortcut created with the Anycut app & clicked on the Menu button then pressed the software update button, it will prompt you to chose a time frame like between 1 hour to 3 hours etc, but i just clicked that return button. Then I got the prompt that an update was available and that the phone would restart in 5 seconds. When it did restart this time, I got a % bar at the bottom. The install took about 10 mins. One thing to note was that I did lose complete service and kept getting a Not registered to the Network message for about 30 mins, but it then picked the network back up. Just noting that because it seemed to have happened to someone else one here after they got the update as well. Maybe this will help some of you.

P.S...Leave your task killer OFF or remove it completely.

Reactions: tritran18518
Upvote 0
This may be a silly question, but how do I find the device manager everyone keeps referencing? I don't see it anywhere except the application management section under SETTINGS, but I can't do anything except clear the data on it. I can't open it or anything...

I feel like I'm missing something. Or I'm just missing something completely obvious..:thinking:

Upvote 0
This may be a silly question, but how do I find the device manager everyone keeps referencing? I don't see it anywhere except the application management section under SETTINGS, but I can't do anything except clear the data on it. I can't open it or anything...

I feel like I'm missing something. Or I'm just missing something completely obvious..:thinking:
You need to download the anycut app.

Reactions: BrutalHoney
Upvote 0
Well I kind of forced the update yesterday using some of the tips from this thread and some intuition. What i did was, plug the phone into the charger, powered the phone off, removed the battery, put it back on, turned the phone on and the arrows came up. I was on Edge NOT 3g the whole time. The device management (arrows) stayed on for about 10 minutes then turned off. Nothing happened after that. So i went into my Device Management shortcut created with the Anycut app & clicked on the Menu button then pressed the software update button, it will prompt you to chose a time frame like between 1 hour to 3 hours etc, but i just clicked that return button. Then I got the prompt that an update was available and that the phone would restart in 5 seconds. When it did restart this time, I got a % bar at the bottom. The install took about 10 mins. One thing to note was that I did lose complete service and kept getting a Not registered to the Network message for about 30 mins, but it then picked the network back up. Just noting that because it seemed to have happened to someone else one here after they got the update as well. Maybe this will help some of you.

You are my hero! This definitely got things going, I mean at least I know what the arrows look like now. Everything worked just as you said except after my phone rebooted the arrows came back for two seconds and disappeared. I'll keep trying until something works. Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0

I'm in the middle of this now. It said I have an update, and it's restarting! Drumroll...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones