The Samsung Galaxy S Pro is Real and ItGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Well i'll just wait til its out for 3-6 months before even considering it. Just to work out the bugs, if they do.

3. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

samsungs track record with the moment is not very well

4. Eazail70x7

Im willing to take a chance with this one. The hardware is nearly perfect for me. Btw, what is the screen size on this? 4 inches like the galaxy s?

5. IOWA

Yeah that's the rumor. Just when I'm point of no return with Samsung they go and release my dream device...... Grrr.....

6. Eazail70x7

And look at that camera! I havent seen one that big or sticking out that much on a phone. It must take great pictures too. I may already like this more than the Evo. (I kinda wish this had a kickstand though)

7. kiddk1

kiddk1 Well-Known Member

what is the projected release date?

8. Eazail70x7

My guess is anywhere from July-August. The rumors about the Sprint version of the Galaxy S (with a keyboard, flash and Wimax) from about a month or 2 ago said that it would come out later than the Galaxy S.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/78065-samsung-galaxy-s-slide-out-qwerty-coming-sprint.html

As you can see, I had high hopes the rumors were true :)

Here is another quote from that article:

• "The phone will be Android 2.1 but should be 2.2 when it arrives.
    • Sprint's handset will arrive later than the others
    • Somehow, the Hummingbird processor is out and the Snapdragon chip is in.
    • All but AT&T's model will have a camera flash"

I hope the part about the snapdragon is a mistake though lol

kiddk1 likes this.
  9. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

You'd have to be a fool to buy another Samsung phone after what we've all been through with just the Moment... and Sammy has a long list of other phones with similar issues.

They can't handle Android.

10. Eazail70x7

My experience with the Moment has been great. Sure it has its fair share of hardware issues but overall I am glad I have had it. The Galaxy S Pro for me is the next logical move.

I didn't have any problems with the CL 14 transition and they stayed on track with the early 2Q 2.1 upgrade as well. Thats good enough for me. (I know that they messed up with the Behold though)

HTC takes just as long to update their androids as well. We got 2.1 the same time that the Eris did and even before the Hero got theirs. The Hero came out first.

Also, we know 2.2 is coming soon after release as well, as the article above noted. How soon is soon? Don't know. Who knows, maybe Samsung will beat HTC to the update again with Sprint lol :p

11. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

I think I see my next phone! Woo!

I got the Moment because of Android and I can't complain about it at all. Yeah, 2.1 wasn't the end all be all of updates but who cares? I got this phone to run custom stuff unlike WinMo and SDX Nexus Lighting 2.8 is working great for me.

So data locks up every once in a while, you eventually end up with 100s of apps and a slow phone, and battery life, well, sucks with all the fancy stuff. It's smartphone! It's like complaining that your laptop can't run Left 4 Dead at 1600*900 on battery power for 4 hours without needing a charge.

12. Eazail70x7

My laptop literally dies in under 2.30 minutes after being unplugged, no kidding. Its old and it sucks. My Moment has gradually become my new laptop lol

13. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

I have to say I am glad too. If HTC fails to come out with a phone similar or better to the evo with a keyboard that may be the only thing keeping me from switching to the galaxy s pro.

14. brandonok

brandonok Well-Known Member

As of right now this is looking to be my next phone

15. IOWA

As much as I hate to admit it, I might be eating my words and getting this phone. I really hope sammy doesn't nerf this phone like they did the moment. I just love the qwerty, and this is exactly what I'm looking for in my next phone, 4G, hardware qwerty, 4.0" super amoled, ugh! I just hope it has a 3.5mm headphone jack..

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

16. htcman724

htcman724 Well-Known Member

your CRAZY if you by another samsung device!! but if you do please don't cry when they support it the same way they did the moment...............

17. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

According to Engadget, it has multi touch. I was told that Samsung didn't implement multi touch in 2.1 because of the fear of Apples wraith and never would until the patent issues were cleared up. It's obvious now that it isn't fear of a lawsuit. It begs to question, is the Moment capable of multi touch or was Samsung too lazy/cheap to bother including it?

18. dkjones96

dkjones96 Well-Known Member

They might be too cheap to try and include it on the Moment since it isn't exactly making them a lot of money. This phone might have the ROI to warrant starting crap with apple...

19. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Android is now the #2 phone OS, beating Apple's. It makes a very compelling case for Google to sue Apple to make them relinquish exclusive rights over multi-touch. Or something of the sort. Basically, Apple doesn't have much in the way of defense anymore.

20. IOWA

Htc didn't do any better with the evo/incredible.... both have staggering issues.

Needless to say, I won't be early adopting this phone, or any phone. As long as it doesn't have glaring issues like the airplane bug, I'm fine, and I don't need their support. I prefer the homebrew community.

And about the multi-touch thing, apple has no ground to stand on. They didn't invent it, they weren't the first to use it. In fact, ELAN is sueing them for patent infringement about multi touch, go figure.

Othan1 and pastafarian like this.
  21. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Agreed on all points. After the 2.1 release, it was mentioned that the reason we didn't get multi touch was specifically that Samsung wasn't going to risk taking on Steve and that it came straight from Samsung management.. Unless there's been some secret agreement with Apple, that statement appears untrue. I originally thought Samsung didn't give us multi touch because it would be giving us more than the absolute bare minimum 2.1 update. I'm back to that opinion.

BTW, Don't you know that Apple invented the gui, multi touch, smartphone, app store, mp3 players and tablets? Just ask any Apple fanboi.

22. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

This phone looks very promising. If it launches in JUly/August My fiance will be getting this phone over the EVO and I can know then if it is worth the upgrade in November. I guess we just hope and wait now.

23. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Please enumerate the staggering issues with the EVO.

24. IOWA

Light leakage,(which leads to dust leaking under the screen!)

Poor 4G reception(in areas known to have good 4G reception with clear usb modems)

The screen is completely lifted on some evo's

Grounding issues - I.e. on some evo's if the device isn't in your hand(and therefore grounded) the touch screen gets sproadic and nearly unusable until you pick it up.

All evo's are currently capped at 30 fps b/c htc didn't want to buy the correct graphics drivers, this leads to choppiness on the screen, and in games.

The "hd" cam is reported to be very poor in quality.

25. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

I'll take any of these over "Internet stops working randomly.".