The Sandisk 32GB worksTips

Last Updated:

1. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a Sandisk 32GB microSD and transferred plenty of songs- 3000, and running through a shuffle for about 20 minutes all played flawlessly. So in case any of you folks were wondering, it does work.

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

What class is your card and how much did it run you? Did you get it local or on the web?
    Thanks!

3. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

Somebody posted one on ebay today for 12.99 with free shipping and 181 of them have already been ordered. Trouble is it says it ships from "AT, United States" but the seller's profile says they are located in China. (In case anyone seeing this doesn't realize it, there is no state with the abbreviation AT.) Buyer beware.

Edit: Just checked the listing again not only has it been removed, the seller is no longer registered. Someone is now collecting .99 and requesting positive feedback for advising that the cards are a scam and others are trying to sell them for a variety of prices from $2 and up.

4. Dogmeat

Dogmeat Member

I can also confirm the 32gb Sandisk card runs on the X10. I got mine from an electronics store here in Australia (WOW Sight & Sound) on special for about $150AU, so I'm afraid I can't point you to any special ebay listing or whatnot. But I can confirm that if you get a genuine one, the 32gb cards do work in it.

5. CureMS

CureMS Well-Known Member

Thanks for adding this. I didn't mean to imply the 32gb cards aren't legit, only that those seeming good deals on ebay might get you garbage. (I'm a housing/budget/credit counselor and see so many people getting scammed regularly.)

6. RazorG6

RazorG6 New Member

:) sooo in the end the 32Gig card actually works? wouldnt it die cause i thought it can only take 16G's?

7. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

i wonder were you take this, here with rogers it's advertised with a max capacity of 32GB... it's even written on the box (not sure will see that later). Just i can't find any in the stores here.

8. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

You were wrong.

9. Dogmeat

Dogmeat Member

I think the confusion comes from Sony Ericsson originally stating that it supported up to 16gb, then changing the stats later on. A lot of tech sites haven't updated the information. Not sure why SE did that, maybe back in the early days of the phone's design 16gb was the highest microSDHC out there?

10. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

Have you filled the card past 16GB? What class is the card? Did it do anything to the speed of the phone?

11. f891roy

f891roy Well-Known Member

32gb microsd ordered.

yes one of those chinese knock offs. to b honest tho i have always had the chinese ones for my phones and cameras and never had any trouble with the storage size or errors/corruptions.

12. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I ordered mine directly from AMAZON.COM sent through "shipito" to here in Canuckistan.

I have it pretty much filled, I left about 5GB for video or whatever else I might want to put on it. That means I have ~ 25GB used.

It does not affect the speed from what I've noticed.
    Class 2 according to the stats. No biggie for me- it does my music just fine. I don't really use it for videos, but it works anyway.

I've received a 32 GB "SANDISK" SDHC card from China once for like $30 about a year ago. It has never functioned or read anything more than 8KB.
    I am not rich by any means but I also don't want to throw the dice any more on Chinese crap- most likely pirated anyway.

MFG web site:

Item# SDSDQ-032G-A11M

Web site:
    TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL