The Sd KK conundrum explained

1. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

Advertisement
    :
    ironass likes this.
  2. Riche101

Would probably only use KK with old bootloader though as if I find it pain would reflash 4.3
  3. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Well-Known Member

What i find annoying with external memory is it really is only for media and documents etc. Maybe some caching. Apps always install to phone and always will. At least the data part. No app I have installs its largest assets to anything but. Which is a bugger considering I game alot on my device. Infact ive moved most my gaming to my Nexus 7 now which has a much greater onboard memory compared to the s4. Well that and it looks prettier on the tab.

So those HTC One phones dont seems so bad now do they...
  4. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Nice one Richie101! :)

I've nicked that and put it on the general forum, with a credit to you, in the hope of stemming the, "Headless Chicken", syndrome.
  5. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I've not really been affected by this, as the only App I need to be able to write to a folder it doesn't specifically own is the camera app (/storage/extSdCard/DCIM).

The Xposed module "Pictures to SD" addresses this.
    Riche101 likes this.
  6. Riche101

Well after doing some reading KK may
    bot be as much of a hassle for me unless I change Roms as say if I download music that would allbve deleted I think if you delete app which if Flashing you need to do a wipe.

Have found http://trendblog.net/fix-kitkat-sd-card-write-restriction/A KK Sd Fix for us Rooters
    ironass likes this.