• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The shortcuts got crazy!

JHRoss

Lurker
Mar 30, 2015
Hello all, my samsung galaxy's s3 shortcuts in the lower screen line (messaging, phone etc) got crazy. For example the shortcut "messaging" get erased by itself or transformed to shortcut "contacts". What's wrong?
samsung s3 problem.jpg

Are the shortcuts currently as you show them in your picture? If so, what happens when you actually touch the "Messaging" app shortcut?

If any of the apps have disappeared from the bar, you can add them back by long pressing them in your main app menu and dropping them directly into the bar. The only one that can't be moved is the one that says "Apps" on the right-hand side.

Upvote 0
This isn't my own phone, i found the pic on the net. I have in the lowest row only the shortcuts "phone","contacts","messaging" and "apps". The problem is that they auto-disappear or auto-transform to another (for example: the shortcut "messaging" auto-transform to shortcut "contacts" and then i have double the shortcut "contacts" etc)

Upvote 0
That is a strange glitch. How long have you had your phone? Any changes you made to it recently, or apps you downloaded right before the problem started? What, if anything, have you tried to fix it?

Barring any other ideas, you can always reset your device. As long as you've backed up everything and make sure your pictures, etc. are saved to the micro SD card, restoring your phone shouldn't be too awful.

If you don't want to perform a factory reset, I suppose you could try one of the other launchers available through the Play Store to see if they help keep your shortcuts where they are supposed to be. Right now I'm trying out Yahoo's Aviate launcher, but there are quite a few you can choose from. Good luck!

Upvote 0
I fixed it by luck, i went to settings / lock screen and i turned off shortcuts, it killed the lock screen shortcuts and fixed the problem with the lower row shortcuts in home screen! I think that software such as Clear Master, Battery Doctor or CM Launcher (especially CM Launcher which it had changed these shortcuts) who had in the past are guilty for this

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones