The "+" sign to add additional lock screens is missing!?!?!?!Support

1. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I am brand new to android after being an iPhone user for 6 years. I just got a Samsung Galaxy S4 a couple of days ago and am trying to get the hang of things. I understand that this phone allows me to add additional lock screens and I should be able to add different widgets to these screens. However, when I try to add a lock screen, the plus sign (+) that is required to add a screen is missing on my phone. I have seen youtube videos of everyone going to their lock screen, sliding down the clock and then being able to slide to the left and slide to the right. Well, I am only able to slide to the right and get into either my fav apps or my camera. When I slide to the left, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET TO THE PLUS (+) sign and add a page but I cant. It simply doesn't let me slide to the left and get to the plus sign to add lock screen pages.. and this is driving me nuts because I am pretty sure I saw the plus sign yesterday. I am not sure if I did something on my phone ... earlier today I disabled some of the junky stock apps so I could free up some speed on the phone but I don't think I disabled anything that would lead to this problem. Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. Kane860

oh by the way, I am running 4.2.2 and I am also using the Nova Launcher app.. not sure if this info helps figure out what the issue is..
  3. Kane860

so, no one can help me?? no replies???
  4. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I am using Nova Prime on a Galaxy S3. From your home screen, press the Home key again. You will then see all of the home screens shrunk to fit on one screen. On the top right, there you will see the + sign to add a new home screen.
    LilBit likes this.
  5. Kane860

Thanks but I think you may have misunderstood my issue.. The issue is not adding home screens, but adding additional LOCK screens. I have seen youtube videos of everyone using stock touch wiz and having multiple lock screens with various widgets on them. They add these lock screens by using the plus sign that appears when you drag down the clock on your initial home screen and touch from left to right.. yet my phone is not allowing me to touch from left to right on this screen and does not let get me get to the plus sign that will allow me to add additional lock screens.
  6. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

It wouldn't let me slide to the left either when I clicked from the middle of the screen all the way to the right of the screen, but when I clicked from the very left edge of the screen and swiped all the way to the right edge of the screen it became available.

[​IMG]
    dustwun77 likes this.
  7. Kane860

Exactly this is what my problem is. It is absolutely not working on my phone. I have no clue why.
  8. SkyJackpot

Turn on the "Maximise Widgets" option in the Lock Screen section of your phone Settings and then see if that helps
  9. Kane860

Do u mean turn on multiple widgets? It Is turned on but doesn't help. Still no plus sign to add additional lock screens.
  10. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I don't have lock screen widgets on my phone. However, I can add lock screen shortcuts, but only if I do not use a pin or pattern lock.
  11. SkyJackpot

No the Maximise Widgets setting in the Lock Screen section of your phone Settings, if it's available to you.

[​IMG]
    dustwun77 likes this.
  12. Kane860

I don't have a maximize widgets option anywhere
  13. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

{Thread moved} :)
    iowabowtech likes this.
  14. crabman

crabman Well-Known Member

Settings --> My Device --> Lock Screen --> Check the Multiple widgets box. The next option underneath is Lock screen widgets, select it and set whether you want a right hand swipe to start the camera or go to favorite Apps and also add, change or remove the personal message. Exit when complete, turn off screen, swipe left or right up in the area where you see the clock on the lockscreen to access your new pages. This is done by design so you can either swipe lower to unlock or swipe in the upper portion of the screen to switch screens.
  15. Kane860

all of this is exactly what I have been doing.. problem is when I drag the clock down to access my new pages, all I have access to is the one page of "favorite apps".. I am supposed to be able to swipe right and have access to the page with the big + sign on it which would allow me to add more lock screens.. but when I swipe right, it doesn't work and will not allow me proceed.
  16. crabman

Don't swipe down, swipe to the left or right.
  17. Kane860

You have to first swipe the clock down in order to then be able to swipe left or right. Anyhow, I ended up going to ATT and getting my phone swapped for a new one. Now the plus sign works and I can add additional lock screens. Have now clue what happened to the previous phone and why the option was no longer available, maybe something in the software became corrupt. But now it works on my newly swapped phone. Thanks
  18. crabman

Not on my phone. Enable and swipe left or right at the upper portion of the screen by the clock. Hadn't even heard of or tried the swipe down thing till I saw it here and when I tried it all it did was pull down my notifications. Interesting the little differences on the various versions but regardless you have solved your puzzle so its all good.
  19. brasco901

brasco901 Member

do lock screen widgets work with a pin set? I can't seem to understand why they don't work or why it's not available when you have a lock pin set
  20. mills23

mills23 Well-Known Member

How do you even get this far? Mine don't swipe to either side. I can't even get the short cuts to work when I tap them.
  21. Kane860

I was able to get this far and enable the shortcuts by going into my settings and then into lockscreen and checking off multiple widgets and then turning shortcuts to on.
    mills23 likes this.
  22. CarolJV123

CarolJV123 New Member

I am having exactly the same problem. Three things are going on - I can not get the plus sign (to change the lock screen) on my Verizon Galaxy S4. Also, in settings, I have no option for "multiple widgets" under the lockscreen setting. Lastly - under Settings/Lockscreen/Lock screen widgets the "Favorite Apps or Camera" is grayed out. I found all of this out because I have been trying to remove the clock from my lock screen. Has anyone found a solution to these problems yet? Thank you.
  23. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

When your phone is "asleep" and you pick it up then press the power button... do you see for a split second two outlines on the left and right edges of the screen? If not, I think you somehow have it locked to where you cannot add widgets.. which is why the + sign isn't there.
  24. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Could you please possibly make a quick video of your lock screens?
    I have been going through all the settings and I can't replicate the problem.
    This will help us to figure out, whether we are not lost in some miscommunication.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/swc75q1w37f8am6/lockscreen.mp4
  25. bighead318

bighead318 New Member

Did anybody ever figure out what was going on with this? I'm having the same problem.