The stock browser stinks!General

Last Updated:

1. captainm27

captainm27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you guys have trouble with the browser? In my case, the green bar almost never finishes loading. It just stays halfway most of the time. Also, when I go to the default homepage of google, I can't do a search, because when I hit the little magnifying glass, nothing happens. I suspect it's because the green bar never finish.

So instead, I've downloaded the Dolphin HD browser, and everything just runs perfectly and quick. Much better than the stock.

Anyone else experience this?

Advertisement
  2. androy

androy Well-Known Member

Yes, I've been having the same problem with the green bar not loading all the way. Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like it just started happening recently. I've had the Inc since 4/29 and I don't remember having the problem at first.

3. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

I actually prefer the stock web browser over Skyfire, Opera, Dolphin, and so on.

Crashumbc likes this.
  4. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

this is just another dolphin ad.

5. secretLOVER

secretLOVER Well-Known Member

I've had problems with stock. A battery pull solved the green bar issue. Been leaning towards opera myself.

6. vladfan

vladfan Well-Known Member

Coming from a Blackberry Storm2.........this browser is great.

ajiamarie likes this.
  7. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Having the green issue also but I usually blame it on my connection at that moment...Didn't think it was a browser issue.

8. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

That's been my experience/thought as well.

9. Mastermind

Mastermind Well-Known Member

I love the stock browser actually. It's a nice, clean experience and I don't get the issues that you're getting.

10. j-money

j-money Well-Known Member

Stock browser all the way for me. Tried all theothers and hated them. Apart from skyfire for videos like world cup matches etc. Only today did I learn about the window option on stock browser that allows u to flick through tabs lol.

11. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Your green bar is the connection to the server has nothing to do with the browser.

End O Thread.

12. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

I actually found Dolphin HD to be slower and the tabs don't work well enough to dump the stock up. stock app loads fine for me.

13. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

I do have one issue with the stock browser....Why don't my bookmarks stay alphabetized!!?? That's my one annoyance with it :)

14. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

I hear you. That is annoying.

15. kimf

kimf Active Member

Could someone elaborate on this? I didn't know there are tabs in the stock browser?

16. Snicklefritz

Snicklefritz Member

Did you recently try adding Flash 10.1 from that XDA thread? Removing it can help some browser issues. Also, were you running the browser in mobile mode or did you turn that off. That can definitely effect the speed of things. I've tried other browsers and they offer some nice features, but I don't see them competing with stock. Glad you found a solution to your problem :).

17. lexluthor

Flick through tabs? Please explain. I have to go into menu then window to change tabs. How are you flicking?

18. thevoiceless

thevoiceless Active Member

I haven't had the issues with the green bar, but I HAVE had the issue with the Google page. I found out that the search button by the text box at the top of the page is useless, you just can't click on it (even if you change zoom levels, it just scales). You can't click on the one by the text box at the bottom of the page, either, but at least when in that box the "next" key on the keyboard changes to "go". So, whenever I want to do a search and re-type in the search bar, I use the one at the bottom of the page.
    It's a horrible workaround, and would be easily solved if Google would default to the mobile search page. when you use the search bar from the home screen.

19. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member

I've tried Opera Mini and went back to stock. Was not impressed with it at all.

20. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

On my omnia the Opera Mini browser was amazing with great speed, but on android it just can't keep up.

21. lexluthor

on my windows mobile touch pro, opera mini was light years faster than any other browser. On my incredible, I find stock to definitely be fast enough.

22. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

If you think this browser stinks, pick up a BB of ANY kind and then make that claim. That browser is a terrible experience. My Storm was OK, but the browser sucked to high Heaven.

23. captainm27

I wish that were true, Hand. However, this issue occurs to me wheather I have 4 bars, 3 bars, 2 bars, etc. Literally speaking, I go to androidfourms.com on the stock browser, and the green bar stays stuck like half-way. Now, I switch to Dolphin, and boom, page loads in seconds. No waiting bar, no nothing. This is not a server connection issue at all.

24. captainm27

Well, at any rate, I have solved my browser issues by using the Dolphin one. I actually like it better, the look and all with the tabbed browsing. Well, here's hoping those who have good success with the stock browser continue to do so. Cheers!

25. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

You try with wifi to confirm it's not the connection speed?