• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The StormDroid Situation (UPDATED 9/20/11)

TesterForRoms, I don't know how you got a hold of our beta, but I do know that what you have done has crossed the line. As of this moment, StormDroid is no longer being made. I'm sure the Ally community will appreciate your actions.

After all the hard work you put into this rom you guys are going to give up over a leaked beta....I hope you are kidding.

Upvote 0
We shall see...

Sorry I couldn't continue to help you guys out but I've has a lot of things come up in the last month. If you do decide to release it I can help you out with bandwidth by hosting a link on media fire for you, just let me know if you need help with that.

Come on people, let's have enough respect for people wanting to develop for Ally not to leak things that don't belong to you!!

Reactions: cr5315
Upvote 0
I mean no disrespect but correct me if i'm wrong. Wouldn't it be more harmful to the devs not to release that the community? They are the ones who spent the countless hours on it and they won't even get the satisfaction of seeing/hearing about how everyone loves their work!

Nope, because we devs and testers now get the satisfaction of having our awesome ROM all to ourselves. ;)

Upvote 0
I refuse to let this project die. Leaks may happen, drama may happen, but StormDroid WILL be released. We arent giving an eta because I personally dont want to hear whining about us not releasing our hard work for free on the date we had thought it would be complete.

But I repeat, this ROM will not die.

/rant

On a happier note: The themes are soooooo sexy. :D

Upvote 0
Trident did the same thing, why shouldnt they. If they want their work protected untill release, then thats the rule. Some people work that way and should be respected with high athority

My biggest concern is that as of the time of the leak the ROM still had a LOT of work left to do on it (most of which is now finished). Dont want people thinkin thats how it was gonna release.

Upvote 0
Nope, because we devs and testers now get the satisfaction of having our awesome ROM all to ourselves. ;)

... but then you leave me and others who didn't do anything wrong in the dust. Why punish the masses for the ignorant / disrespectful actions of the few? Entirely joking but there is a small element of truth to it.

Obviously it's ultimately up to you guys, and I (in your position) would surely be pissed as all hell. Anyway, I hope you guys do decide to release when it's ready and rest assured, we will all be grateful.

Plus, I just got a new job and will be able to make some donations. Just keep that in mind :)

Reactions: thatguy4044
Upvote 0
... but then you leave me and others who didn't do anything wrong in the dust. Why punish the masses for the ignorant / disrespectful actions of the few? Entirely joking but there is a small element of truth to it.

Obviously it's ultimately up to you guys, and I (in your position) would surely be pissed as all hell. Anyway, I hope you guys do decide to release when it's ready and rest assured, we will all be grateful.

Plus, I just got a new job and will be able to make some donations. Just keep that in mind :)

I feel the same way as you :) While this did indeed make us quite mad we do realize a lot of people are waiting on this ROM, even if only for a change of flavor for their Ally. I assure you it will be released for the masses soon enough, were just workin out a few slightly difficult things and then we will have a working version for everyone to go crazy over :D

Upvote 0
I really hope the devs will put all of this aside and help make this cheap phone worth owning. I really apreciate the velocity team for doing their part in improving this phone. I really rely on this handset for everythig communication wise. I need it for internet access so many thanks for wired tether fully functional. I have to own this phone until mid 2013 so anyone that developes a new peice of software I'm all for improvement. I really do like to see stormdroid and all it has to offer and I will be patient because I feel you guys can release better roms than the manufacturer faster than they can. Again thanks for this up comming release as I will b looking forward to use your hard work on this phone.

Upvote 0
scarjo_popcorn.gif

BTW can't wait. My phone in total need of a new, fresh rom! Thanks for your efforts

Upvote 0
Thumbs up on the new website, ver nice I like.

impatiently awaiting release.

edit: While i'm thinkin about it I have one more suggestion (since I don't know if you're still looking at the google docs thing)... APERTURE/PORTAL THEME! Just a thought.

Hmm... Everyone on the team (Or, most of us) are Portal fans, so I could see this happening, although not at the top of the list of things to do.

Upvote 0
Thumbs up on the new website, ver nice I like.

im

edit: While i'm thinkin about it I have one more suggestion (since I don't know if you're still looking at the google docs thing)... APERTURE/PORTAL THEME! Just a thought.

After release I'm going to post a theming guide but I will be working on a Portal theme later on :D
I might even dig up some stuff from my old portal boot animation and splash thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones