The Tablet Tavern

Last Updated:

1. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

No problem, I like tavern. I Just got a little confused on your response.

2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

Ok sorry. I got a little confused from your response but its all sorted know
  3. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

If anybody besides me likes "The Tablet Hole" D-U-R-X or I can add it.
  4. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Hmm .. I dunno. Sounds more like a place to put a suppository.
  5. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

TGIW, Thank God its Wednesday. Why do all the idiots wait until the last minute on the day before a holiday to order all the things they forgot the rest of the week?! :mad:

There .. I feel better.

And the more I use my Nexus 10 the more I love it. I was on it about 6 hours straight last night, surfin', you tubin', and still had about 50% battery left. And Bohemian Rhapsody sounded great.
  6. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Add it SBE... I've already voted, so can't vote again. Could you add one vote for it for me too?
  7. Liamo_210

That steak was good ! Hows everyones day been
  8. D-U-R-X

Not bad! :)

I started a new job (at the same company) a couple of weeks ago and things are all quiet at the moment... waiting for a new system to be implemented, at which point, things will go mad for a couple of weeks!

How's about you?
  9. D-U-R-X

Glad the steak was good btw :)

We had enchiladas... tasty!! :)
  10. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

D-U-R-X likes this.
  11. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I've boycotted Engadget ever since they had that sorry excuse of an article comparing camera phones. They made the best camera phone at the time (Nokia N8) take the worse pictures. It wasn't even close how bad the N8 pictures were compared to the iP4, SGS 1 and others.

I checked the site and it seems faster than the old one.

I'm not a fan of typing on any screen. That is why I got the Transformer with a keyboard dock. The keyboard is only 90% of the size of a regular one. It took me about a month to get used to the size. I can type on the keyboard dock about 90% the speed of a full size keyboard.

I tried the Windows Surface tablets. I really like the type cover on those. It feels just like a real keyboard. The only thing is you cannot turn off the touch pad like you can on the Transformer. While I was typing on the Surface type cover, I kept hitting the touch pad causing the cursor to jump to a new location. Very annoying.

For me is surf, emails, social networks, and Netflix. I hardly play games on it or on my phone. I manage my music on my PC and copy it to my phone. I also like the fact that can hook my tablet up to my TV and watch Netflix on a larger screen. I also use my tablet as a poker timer for my home games. I hook it up to the TV for this as well.
  12. KOLIO

KOLIO Gruß vom Krampus Guide

How about adding "TABLET NIRVANA" to the poll?
  13. D-U-R-X

Consider it done :)
    KOLIO likes this.
  14. Liamo_210

IM fine by the way sorry for the late reply its been a busy day in my house its been hard to get to a laptop or phone for a minute
  15. D-U-R-X

All have days like that mate!! :)
  16. Liamo_210

Yep we do

Some days are better than others
  17. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

I should start sleeping earlier at night. Or else it wrecks havoc with me at work
  18. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

OK, I'm glad that there are other people that use the tablet like me. Over the past few days I too have been convincing myself to get a new tablet too. Initially my knee-jerk reaction was the Nexus 10. Done. But then I started reading about the Kindle Fire HD and call me crazy, but I'm beginning to think that this is the best tablet out there for me.

- The Kindle Fire HD 8.9 undercuts the Nexus 10. The 32GB KFHD is cheaper than the 16GB Nexus 10.

- The KFHD does everything I do on my tablet.

- You can't beat the KFHD in terms of content. You have more access to Amazon content on the Kindle- namely the videos and magazines.

- The focus of the Kindle Fire HD is so narrow that it is future proofed in a funny way. When the next great tablet comes out with Android 5.0, it will make other tablets look outdated. With a KFHD- google now, lock screen widgets, dont matter. As long as the tablet can surf the web, watch video, and read books/magazines, it's good. Even if the next gen KFHD allows Google Play and widgets- big deal, I have it on my phone and play with those apps.

- There is less of an overlap with my phone- this is a problem I noticed with my iPhone/iPad combo and my Samsung GS3/GT10.1 combo now. The KFHD will be the go to device for content consumption. It won't be a wi-fi only S3 with a bigger screen and all the same apps on it.

- Locked down? Yes. But you can sideload apps and root it

Now the problem is that I got an e-mail today saying one of my credit cards has $345 that I can use at Amazon for anything... :D
  19. Liamo_210

It sounds like that could be the tab for you. Just don't go and buy 10 just because everyone.says its the best if the kindle is more suited to your.needs then that is the tab for you.
  20. Liamo_210

I woke up this morning really ill with the flu and am currently at work wondering why did i bother go in .Lucky its not anything were u have to work hard. Hopefully I'm better by the weekend as i cant afford to miss a paycheck.

Hopefully my boss notices I'm sick and tells me to go home with pay but hes not in yet. I don't think it will happen though
  21. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

What's for lunch today.... I'm hungry!!

Would be like a grunge theme, early 90s guitar bands from Seattle or something?
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  22. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

feet are tired from standing all day...
  23. Liamo_210

Got back from work early . I would love some soup mike it will do me well
  24. Liamo_210

Happy thaksgiving to everybody. I take it thats why the AF forums are deserted today?
  25. Liamo_210

Fun fact Ireland spell a word this way :Colour
    While America spell it this way :Color

Wich do you think is correct.

I vote for the irish way but then again im probably biased ha ha