The Tablet Tavern

1. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Well, at least Shakira is quite the philanthropist. :)
    But, really, can you not listen to their music and get in a happy mood?
  2. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

I won't deny that. Her music is somewhat infectious. As it gets everyone in a good mood.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

I've got to be honest, I was just playing. She is infectious and I don't really have a massive issue with her music (although it wouldn't be something I'd choose to listen to). :p
  4. Liamo_210

I agree. Shes good and all but its not my style.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' VIP Member

I can't really listen to pop/top 40 music. It just sounds so fake, with most not having an authentic instrumental background. I'm a sucker for a great guitar riff and/or solo.
  6. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

Snow day here, too. Bring it, Nemo! Lol but I still should work at least a little today since I work from home. But with the littles home, it's hard.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Apparently Shenzhen is deserted, everyone gone home. So no Pebble watch or Raspberry Pi or cheapo off-brand Googleless Android tablet for you. :smokingsomb:

We do have to push the boat out, going to be a good weekend.
    :party::party:

I think Christmas got cancelled due to lack of interest.
  8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Oh the screen is great. However I do find the phone a bit on the large side for comfortable one hand operation, for when I'm doing my Tencent QQ IM on the bus, phone in one hand, holding onto the strap with the other. And I've got quite large hands.

Nope... it's completely Googleless. :rolleyes: It's got the Baidu app store, and you have to be able to read Chinese to use it. I've got the apps I require, which is not many, mainly QQ and Weixin(both IM) plus Skype. I'll probably see about hacking it after I get my Lenovo phone repaired. It only cost about 70 pounds GBP. But it's actually surprisingly well made and does work properly.
  9. wyndslash

wyndslash Well-Known Member

I'm back to hating men again... are you all so oblivious?
  10. Liamo_210

Well good to hear its working well for you.
  11. jhawkkw

Yes:D.

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry things went south. His loss, right?
  12. wyndslash

It hasn't went south yet. He's just oblivious
  13. jhawkkw

Ahh, I know that feeling...(obliviousness)
  14. wyndslash

I hate making the first move all the time. Maybe I'll just ask him if we could be friends.
  15. Liamo_210

Just bat your eyelids and make it real obvious. :rolleyes:
  16. wyndslash

17. jhawkkw

I can see how that would get on one's nerves.
  18. wyndslash

I hate it
  19. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ VIP Member

20. wyndslash

Lol pup.
  21. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ VIP Member

:D, love you Wynd. Just trying to cheer you up;
    wyndslash likes this.
  22. Liamo_210

Men cant live with em, cant ..... oH wait thats about it. ;)
  23. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Hi all, black e here!
    I'm getting some green back from uncle Sam and want to buy my first &, long overdue, android tablet! Yay.
    I want a 10" screen and hd display, preferably with sd card storage but that's not a deal breaker.
    I should just buy the nexus 10 and be done with it right?

The nexus 10 is Wi-Fi only right?
    I'm on att with an hTC one x.
    It would be nice to have mobile data connectivity.
    What are some other 10" non carrier branded tabs with hd display that support or are compatible with att data network.
    I have been googling a lot tablets that have ics and looking at a lot of them but can't seem to find any other options.
    Maybe some of you guys know right off hand.
    TIA!
  24. shelliewnj

shelliewnj Well-Known Member

well i have the samsung galaxy tab 2 7", and I am on AT&T. I would assume you would also get connectivity with the 10". but then assumptions aren't always good... anyone else know?
    blackepoxy likes this.
  25. jhawkkw

If you don't mind making the sacrifice for a 7'' tablet instead of a 10in, the nexus 7 has a gsm radio version that is compatible with at&t available for 300. Still has a 720p screen. For a good 10'' though with cell radios, I'd recommend the Asus TF300. It even has AT&T LTE compatibility and has the ability to transform it into a netbook with a keyboard dock. It says it has ICS, but you should upgrade to 4.1.1 as soon as you set it up.
    blackepoxy likes this.