The Tablet Tavern

1. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Angry birds was initially popular because it was one of the first games that used an actually feasible physics engine where you can predict what effect will happen depending on where you hit. Not a random fall or whatever. Bad Piggies is a nice game, but not much of my thing.
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Afternoon!! :)

I've got an Acer A500... one of the main reasons I got it was that it has full size native USB, which is a bit of a bonus. Got it, thinking I'd use it a hell of a lot on Android Forums, but have to be honest, do most things from the laptop!

Dread - glad you like Plague Inc... haven't been able to get Mrs D-U-R-X off it since yesterday... guess it means that I've been able to be on here all weekend though!! :)

I've got some of the usual games - angry birds, etc. Have also got (but not played as much as I thought I would) GTA. Guess I need to take a bit of time to have a proper go at gaming, as it is part of the reason I got a tablet in the first place! :)

I also use it to watch Breaking Bad (straight off a USB stick) and have been finding that it's pretty good to watch movies on too (watched one on the coach to London and it certainly helped the time pass) :D
  3. Liamo_210

Liamo_210 Well-Known Member

SHine runner and riptide gp are a must try and if you like gun games you cant go wrong with shadowgun
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

You do Thanksgiving in Ireland?
  5. Liamo_210

Well done chanchan05 you got the 50th post in the thread
  6. Liamo_210

No but every sunday you have a roast.
    A roast is where you have a turkey/chicken with gravy and roast potatoes.
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I have a T101 and a B&N Nook Color. The Nook was rooted and i tried doing a bunch of tablety things on it, but it just didn't have the ooomph to run a lot of apps, plus the tweaks needed to get it to work in the market (that's what they called the play store back in the good old days ;) ) were a bit of a kludge. So I returned it to B&N stock and use it for what it was intended for ... reading. It is still my daily reader.

The Asus Transformer I use more or less for documentation at work. I can carry around a lot of network settings, user logins, ip addresses etc. so i have that information at my fingertips ... literally. I will play the occasional game and check email ... oh yes, i have several of my favorite Star Trek TOS episodes on it too. Spock keeps me company after hours at work. ;) :D
  8. Liamo_210

Good to see your tablets are being used for what they are intended for star trek
    lunatic59 likes this.
  9. D-U-R-X

Got shadowgun (and Samurai II: Vengeance) in one of the last sales (haven't really played it on my tablet, more on my phone)!

One that I like to mess with on my tablet is Reactable - a music production sort of app that I thought was well worth the money, as it's a good way to waste time :)
    Liamo_210 likes this.
  10. Liamo_210

Games are just so much better on tabs than phones due to the big screen
  11. lunatic59

I've wish I had the time to play with reactable. It looks like fun. I must settle for Adobe Photoshop Touch and AutoDesk Sketchbook Pro. Work work work. :(
  12. Liamo_210

By the way mate love the avatar it suits the moderator status brilliantly
  13. lunatic59

I added the motion blur after the Halloween avatar ... I've felt a little blurry lately. ;)
  14. Liamo_210

Ye I noticed a version of that avatar without blur
  15. D-U-R-X

It is good fun - would love to have a go on a real one though! :)
    Liamo_210 likes this.
  16. Liamo_210

Me too
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  17. D-U-R-X

My wife has said that she'll buy me one (when we win the lottery) :)
  18. Liamo_210

What one

And I thought of a possible new name for the thread the Tablet Tavern. What do you guys think its a good use of alliteration. So should i change the name or keep it the same I want this to be a group decision
  19. Liamo_210

By the way I like you enthusiasm durx
  20. D-U-R-X

One of these (a Reactable):

I think that the Tablet Tavern is a good one!! :D
  21. Liamo_210

Do that's one vote for the Tablet Tavern will wait for more before changing
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  22. D-U-R-X

Good idea to wait... think others should maybe suggest too... could even start a poll once you've a few different ideas?
    Liamo_210 likes this.
  23. Liamo_210

Ye i asked for suggestions early in the thread.

So if anyone has a suggestion on what to change the trade name to feel free to post.So far the best option is The Tablet Tavern.Also say what you think it should change to out of what ever names people can come up with
  24. Liamo_210

What do you think of The Tablet Tavern :D
  25. Liamo_210

Just finished having that turkey dinner . Man it was good